Wellllll... I guess I’m Prego... Due date??

L_B

Reaction score
My life can’t get any more complicated
I have always been super irregular, and I’ve always thought I was dealing with PCOS though I never pursued diagnostics. After years of being not careful at all in my committed relationship here I am. 4 positive HPTs and calling my doctor in the morning for an appointment.
How on earth do I go about figuring out a due date?!? My cycles are incredibly irregular but I know they had been averaging around 47-50 days. I took a test the week before the Fourth of July due to being on cycle days 50 with no sign of Aunt Flo. It was starkly negative.
Bf and I did the deed a couple times later that week and haven’t had since. So I know I’m at least 6 weeks.
I’m trying hard not to get excited or get my hopes up too high before seeing a doctor. But the morning sickness is outrageous along with some lower back pain and sore boobs make me pretty convinced this is the real deal

They will go by your last period anyway, until you have a scan. Here in the US. They assume everyone has a 28 day cycle, even if you dont.

Congratulations and they will either go by your last period or like my doctor they sent me for a early scan to determine how many weeks I was

Congratulations! What a surprise! I think they will possibly get you in for an early scan after some HCG checks once your levels are high enough, that's what they do here in the UK if you really have no idea on your dates or are unsure :)

I also have PCOS and my cycles have always been all over the place, I could easily go 6 months without a period. With this baby I was on fertility treatment so it was much easier to pinpoint but my daughter came naturally, I had no idea of my due dates and my period had been like 2 months earlier so they just said to assume I was 6 weeks pregnant and then go for the dating scan at 12 weeks, I was actually 9w + 6 days and then they called me back for a rescan when I was actually 12 weeks. The Clear Blue digitals are also a really good indicator, I got a 2-3 on my daughter so I knew I was somewhere between 4-5 weeks (obviously adding the extra 2 weeks from period to ovulation) This also helped me to not worry when the 12 week scan showed a baby 2 weeks smaller than they expected x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->