welp. i think im miscarrying right now

I don't know how to spell it but it's nuchal translucency scan where they measure the risk of Downs Syndrome

Thank you nillabean. I hope the rest of your appointments go well.

The NT scan is done between 11-14 weeks and measures the amounts of fluids on the back of the neck and spin. If there are over a certain amount, it could indicate that there is a chromosomal issue. It is usually done in correlation with a genetic blood test, but not always. If there is an excessive measurement then some further testing is done.

Thanks. And Ty for spelling my real screenname. I created this account while I was on my phone panicked lol. Autocorrect gave my screenname 3 L's. It makes me out to be a bad speller...

Do I have to ask for this test or is it automaticm

Oh :dohh: My eyes ran it all together and I only saw 2 L's this whole time anyway! ha ha

It depends on your doctor. I did not get the test during my first pregnancy. I was not "high risk" and neither was my DH. We had had other early ultrasounds, so the doctor did not deem this one necessary.

If we had gotten it done, the genetic counselor felt we may have seen indications of issues to come. It would not have changed the outcome, but we would have had some warning.

My doctor didn't seemed too concerned about doing it this time either, since technically we are still not high risk. I asked for it and he obliged without any argument or comments that I shouldn't need it.

I am furious at how you were treated in the ER!! That is just...despicable. Except the ultrasound tech. She sounds lovely and it was sweet of her to help you :) I'm glad that everything is okay and I hope it remains that way!
My son was born at an overseas military hospital so I understand some of the issues you're going through :/ . I was forced into a csection because they wouldn't deliver a breech baby. Are there any doulas on base? I'd recommend getting in touch with one of them, even this early. They work very closely with the hospital and can help you even before birth with education and advocacy (and body alignment issues so being pregnant is less painful). But when I had my baby, I didn't really know anyone and didn't reach out to the people I did know. They've since become my friends and I know that if I'd reached out in the beginning, they would have helped me.

Ty dreamerb my husband has filed a complaint. We won't b ebb going back. It sucks because the hospitals I love have no emergency.it's so weird to me.

Yeah the tech was awesome. She even handed me the probe under the cover and said here,put it in lolol. I'm like me? I can do it? OMG thank you so much.she said she let's everyone she sees do it so they can be as comfortable as possible. I'm like omg I like u.

Not too sure about a doula and dont know the difference between that and a midwife. If i dont like the group i join, i will for sure look into it. Ty for the suggestkon

How. any weeks are u now?
I am furious at how you were treated in the ER!! That is just...despicable. Except the ultrasound tech. She sounds lovely and it was sweet of her to help you :) I'm glad that everything is okay and I hope it remains that way!
My son was born at an overseas military hospital so I understand some of the issues you're going through :/ . I was forced into a csection because they wouldn't deliver a breech baby. Are there any doulas on base? I'd recommend getting in touch with one of them, even this early. They work very closely with the hospital and can help you even before birth with education and advocacy (and body alignment issues so being pregnant is less painful). But when I had my baby, I didn't really know anyone and didn't reach out to the people I did know. They've since become my friends and I know that if I'd reached out in the beginning, they would have helped me.

Oh :dohh: My eyes ran it all together and I only saw 2 L's this whole time anyway! ha ha

It depends on your doctor. I did not get the test during my first pregnancy. I was not "high risk" and neither was my DH. We had had other early ultrasounds, so the doctor did not deem this one necessary.

If we had gotten it done, the genetic counselor felt we may have seen indications of issues to come. It would not have changed the outcome, but we would have had some warning.

My doctor didn't seemed too concerned about doing it this time either, since technically we are still not high risk. I asked for it and he obliged without any argument or comments that I shouldn't need it.

Glad he didn't give u any problems

P.s I just noticed u have been a member for 2 yrs. Ur so quiet.I already have more posts than u **embarrassed face

Took a nap and Woke up with cramping and light light spotting in my panties. When I wiped with wipe,there was nothing. I'm nit as panicked as before, but this is making me so nervous. When I had the miscarriage before, I never spotted or anything. After I started, it just didn't stop , so as long as it's not that Im trying to stay calm

I spotted at 14 weeks. Keep calm. Record all spotting bf, tell your midwife when you can. Stay positive. I carried to term
Fx for you

I spotted at 14 weeks. Keep calm. Record all spotting bf, tell your midwife when you can. Stay positive. I carried to term
Fx for you

What is bf Nd fx

Ty

Last time I told my ob she told me I was fine. But I would like to be told something more than that. I'm cramping as well and they always said blood with cramping g right? I need her to educate me and do her job. I shouldn't have to rely on a forum. Even though I appreciate u all: )

Sori bf was a auto correct didn't mean t put it in n fx is fingers crossed lol :)

Your right she should explain it at least it would maybe put ur mind at rest. I know when I was pg I felt like I was another unimportant number they had t churn out they didnt value my worries or feelings. This forum has been a huge help to me and I've.learnt alot from it

It's such a worry isn't it, I'm spotting regularly at least every 2 weeks I get a burst of it, no explanation for it so far and I'm just being told it could be normal for me, fingers crossed it's the same for you :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->