Went for 1st Tri Scan Today and Not the Best News :-(

kcmb0886

Reaction score
As the title says, I went for my NT scan today. But I left with possibly disheartening news. The baby’s NT was 4.4mm. I was told that anything above 3mm is cause for concern. They told me it could be nothing, but it could be a number of chromosomal abnormalities or genetic conditions and that I needed to go for NIPT and then possibly amniocentesis later on in the pregnancy. Although my perinatalogist doesn’t apparently measure nasal bones, I did ask about it and was told that while the baby definitely has nasal bones, he or she has smaller than normal nasal bones. Has anyone else on here experienced this and everything turned out to be okay? If we have a child with Down Syndrome, I am prepared to love my child despite the challenges I know we’ll have. But I’m worried about the possibility of other anomalies that could be catastrophic and fatal for our child.

Okay my personal expetience with ds3 i hade my dating scan and his fluid was high if i can rember was above 5 so they offered me the nipt screrning ehich at the time i refused as no matter the outcome we was still gonna carry on my midwive later asked if i wanted it by that time we had looked into it its just a bloof test looks at baby dna through your blood so we went for the appoinement it took 5 days for the results also was able to tell us gender results where negative for everything apart from down syndrom which was still high risk 1 out of 110 babies and 50/50 percent chance i was offered the amnio test but didnt want to risk it all we new there was a 50/ chance turns out ehen he was born he had no signs of down syndrom which is what we prepared for him to have so now life is easier but so glad i didnt risk amnio hopefully you get the awnser you was looking for xx

Im sorry i have no advice but i didn't want to read and run. We are all here for you to offload on :hugs:

Thank you both for your replies.

I’m worried sick waiting for my NIPT results to come back. I scheduled an amniocentesis for 1/11 but I’m not sure if I want to keep it because I know there’s a chance of a miscarriage and I don’t know if I’m willing to take that risk. I’ve already lost two pregnancies this year. If the NIPT shows a low risk of chromosome abnormalities other than Down Syndrome, then I’ll probably just skip the amnio since I wouldn’t terminate a pregnancy because of Down Syndrome. The waiting for answers and still not really having them sucks.

:hugs:

I swear, the waiting is the worst part. Hope you get good news soon!

I hope you get some answers soon hun. Thinking of you :hugs:

Thank you all for your support. I had the Maternit21 test last week and the results have already come back, negative for all of the major trisomies and several chromosome deletions and aneuploidies. And we’re supposedly having another boy! I know we aren’t out of the woods yet, because the increased NT can have other genetic causes or be a sign of a cardiac defect, but I feel confident in not doing the amnio and just following up with routine anatomy scans. I feel so relieved!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->