Went To The Hospital Today! UPDATE

msp_teen

Two Prince's & Pregnant
Reaction score
I started having bleeding today after my fiance and I had sex, so I went to the ER. They said that there is a possibility of a threatened miscarriage. She checked my cervix and it was closed shut (which she said is a good thing). I am also having small clots and slight cramping. I had all of these same things happen in the beginning with my pregnancy with my son and everything turned out ok. My HCG levels were 734, and the doctor says thats low for 6 weeks. I have my first prenatal visit Tuesday and she told me to make sure they check them again and do an ultrasound. I might call my OB/GYN tomorrow and see if they can squeeze me in there schedule. I'm terrified that something is wrong!

People's hcg levels can be very different, what's more important is seeing them increase after a couple days.

Unfortunately no matter how small or big, if you go to an ER with bleeding they will call it a 'threatened miscarriage', even if that is fairly unfounded. I think that your cervix is closed is a good sign as nurse said.

How strong are the cramps (period pain level)? How much bleeding, enough to fill a pad? What you are experiencing can be very normal and I feel perhaps especially more so in your case as you had this with a previous (and successful) pregnancy! The cervix gets very sensitive and there is a great deal of blood flow down there once you've conceived. Sex, checking cervix, vaginal exam, even a bowel movement could cause bleeding.

At 8 weeks I had gushing bright red blood, had a scan the other day at 12+1 and Baby is a jumping bean and perfectly fine. Hang in there and try to stay positive!

Thank you, your post just made me hit a sigh of relief for a moment. My bleeding hasnt been enough to fill a pad (that kind of made me feel a bit of relief as well) and my cramps are nothing like the cramps I had with my miscarriage. They are slight and not really painful but annoying and yes I had this same thing happen with my son, but it still terrifies me at the thought that I could be losing another baby!

Make sure to be on a pelvic rest for now. No sex, no heavy lifting, no exercise. Also not even an orgasm as it can cause uterine contractions and this can make you bleed more. I've spotted for over 3 weeks and my baby is still ok, but it was due to a subchorionic hematoma

good luck!

Thanks ladies, I have my doctors appointment in the morning so I'll update then!

Well ladies, I had a miscarriage. For some reason I'm not that upset. I'm a firm believer in everything happens for a reason and God has a way of telling you things. I believe he wants me to wait for children and further my education. I have an appointment to get the Mirena in 3 weeks. I'll try for another baby, maybe in about 3-4 years! Thanks for everyone's support and I will be around to check on you all daily! :) :) :)

I'm sorry, you had to go through this ;( but you are so right! Everything happens for a reason! Keep your head up!

sorry you went through this but as you said God has a way of telling us something !! Great positive attitude!! Gl in the future when you are ready to try again:) :hugs:!!

I'm so sorry but it's great to hear you staying positive! :hugs:

i'm really sorry for your loss but happy that you seem at peace about it. God has his hand on everything.

Thanks ladies, I refuse to let myself get upset for the fact that I already have one completely healthy little boy that I adore. No need to be mad at nature, everything will happen for me in due time. I have a lot of life left to live and I'll add more kiddies later on.

Sorry for your loss, but so proud of your positivity <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->