Westley is finally here!!

XXKaylaXX1

Reaction score
I woke up June 19th with the usual cramping and BH. Nothing painful really. Walked through the house at 5pm and my waters gushed like someone pouring water on my shorts. Had my mom take me to L&D and found out I was 8cm dilated and 100% effaced. I took the epidural more out of fear (Dr. Won't give an epidural after 8cm) so even though I wasn't in much pain at the time, I was afraid of refusing it and being in a ton of pain later. I didn't feel ANYTHING with the epidural, I didnt feel contractions, couldnt move my legs, couldnt feel a thing. Two hours before the pushing started I took on a fever, at this time my cervix was 9 1/2 cm dilated on one side and 10 cm on the other side, weird huh! I pushed for a half hour and baby Westley was born! Everyone thought I'd have a small 6 or 7lb baby because I didn't gain much weight and he was my first, but he was 9.9lbs!! Unfortunately, he went limp at birth so I didn't get to have that mother baby bonding time. They rushed him to NICU and put him on oxygen and antibiotics because my fever gave him a fever and they were scared for infection. I did get to go there anytime of day I wanted to hold him/feed him/change him. I lost 5 pints of blood and my iron dropped, but nurses got used to looking for me in the NICU before my hospital room to give me my medicine because I never left the baby. Two days later he was completely off oxygen, his blood tests came back great, and we were released together on Friday. He went to the pediatrician Monday and is already up to 10lbs! He is beautiful, precious, and more than I was expecting/hoping for.

I would have announced him sooner but with being a new mom and all theres hardly enough time for a baby, sleep, and this. He is napping now though so I thought I'd catch everyone up on my new bundle of joy!

Wow he's a big boy ! congratulations :) thanks for sharing xx

congratulation:flower: he's so lovely :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->