Wet walk to school

Tinylo

Mum to 2 boys
Reaction score
When I say wet I mean torrential down pour!

For those of you that walk lo to school in the above type of weather what do you do?

My lo goes to a childminder 3 days a week and walks 3/4 a mile, so not far but far enough to get completely soaked through. I can't send him with a change of clothes and an all in one waterproof would look a little strange on a 5 year old!

Waterproof trousers? We have them for the kids, one 2 and one 4 year old. Then just a normal waterproof wintercoat with hood. I got the trousers off ebay for a few pounds a pair, just plain black or blue.

Wellies and a long waterproof coat with a hood, sometimes an umberella too. Leaves only the knees to get a bit wet!

Thanks, I've ordered some waterproofs which should save soggy trousers before school. The cm can always take them home and dry them out before the journey home.

DD is in 5-6 clothing and wears AIO waterproofs. Honestly, I'm not bothered if she looks funny. She needs them in the torrential weather. We also usually carry an umbrella. And never tuck the waterproofs into the wellies or the water drips down into them.

yeah we still use AIO and my neice at 6 wears them too. I don't think its that strange really, all I'm worried about is them being dry. I would say though that the separate trousers and waterproof top are may be more practical in some ways though

We have a waterproof suit (trousers/jacket) and wellies. Luckily we've not needed it yet but I have a feeling I'll be digging it out soon :(

My son has an all in one waterproof and he uses it at school, when we walk there (occasionally?) :shrug: He loves it!

It rains ALOT here....we dont use umbrellas, rain boots, or anything special tbh. Us wet coasters (slang for west coasters - west coast bc) can always tell who isnt from here....because they bundle up for the rain. We get about 3000mm and up annually on the island. LOL. So, to answer....my kids walk to school, in the pouring rain, with at the most, a water proof regular coat.

We had waterproofs but for torrential and extreme wind we got a taxi. Ive since passed my test LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->