We've Made The Call

WackyMumof2

Reaction score
So we were up in the air about if we wanted to go ahead and try a 5th time for a girl. This pregnancy has been hard on me and I've been questioning myself if I want to actually go there again. I realized I'm not getting any younger so no. I talked to hubby the other night and he noticed that I'm struggling this pregnancy and although we would love that biological girl to call our own (him especially), he thinks that we need to stop after DS4 is born in January. I'm so relieved that he said what I had been thinking. I spoke to the Obstetrician when I saw her today about my tubes being tied and she will go into it more with me next appointment but it won't be for at least 3 months after baby is born which is fine because I'm not consenting to a section or induction even with GD. But he's right on the average of 4lb so I'm not looking at anymore than 7.5lb she thinks and is happy for me to keep going. What does scare me in the meantime though is falling pregnant in that time. I fell pregnant with my first 3 on BC and don't want to fall pregnant with a #5 the same way. I don't want hubby to get the snip but given my history, he'd rather us both be done just to make sure it's not going to happen and I respect that. As hard as this pregnancy has been (and being heavily pregnant in the middle of Summer is a new experience for me), I'm in some ways sad that I will never carry or give birth to another baby of our own. It's kind of bitter sweet. The possibility of surrogacy is there on the table for my cousin if she decides that something she wants to do but it won't be the same. But the realization that we are done personally I'm okay with. I don't feel like I'm going to regret any of this. <3

My DH and I have also come to the same conclusion lately. We were both sure this was it for us but this pregnancy has been one thing after another so we have made the call to be done.

I felt like it was a huge weight lifted to be honest. DH snip is scheduled for Jan 29th.

My DH and I have also come to the same conclusion lately. We were both sure this was it for us but this pregnancy has been one thing after another so we have made the call to be done.

I felt like it was a huge weight lifted to be honest. DH snip is scheduled for Jan 29th.

Isn't it strange how a single event generally helps us make that choice with ease? I'll miss having a baby in the house when this one grows up a bit but and I think I will get clucky for a long time after but I don't think my ovaries will twitch for any more of my own. :haha:

Told hubby I have another ultrasound in 3 weeks and another Obstetrician appointment so we can talk in more detail about me having myself sterilized and told him he needs to be there for that one so we can get the information we need for him to make the right decision. And it gets us both on the list as well. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->