What a bad day :'(

AP

Reaction score
Yesterday started off OK. Alex had an appointment at the eye hospital. (She had laser eye surgery for ROP)

They checked her eyes and where the doc had done the surgery and all seems fine. They mentioned her being a big long sighted but apparantly that can be deemed as normal just now.

The experience was stressful,we couldnt get parked anywhere near the hospital.
Alex was getting hungry and tired, so started kicking off. Her sudocrem lid managed to come off in my change bag so you can only imagine the disaster there!

Finally it was over and they dont need to see her for another year. I thought that was the stressful part of the day over.

We got home and she was sick. It was reflux, again. Now shes 11 months old, FFS surely the reflux would die off by now. Shes on 3 meals a day and 4 bottles!

Alex spent the rest of the day spitting up and CHUCKING up everywhere. Our carpets are well and truely fucked.

We decided to start giving her meds again, but she threw up. And it was like something got stuck, because she couldnt breathe and i could her little body was struggling. She was throwing herself around in sheer panic and I was trying everything. I threw her over my shoulder and that seemed to do the trick.

We had a week or so off the reflux, we thought we managed to get rid of it. But now its back so bad :( We are going to the hospital today for help as weknow no GP will prescribe her anything stronger than she already has (a hosp has to do it)

:cry: :cry: Its so so hard. I cant bear to be trapped in the house again. I cant do anything! I was even gonna visit our Katy in the hospital but all this time ALex has had the reflux and I cant do bugger all. The summer is dropping by and I so wont be out if I cant get some help!

:hugs: Hun, I don't have a preemie but I do have a LO with reflux and I know how hard it is. I hope the hospital can sort something out for you

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dont say that I know Tegan is older LOL!

I actually think we will have this for ages. :(

Oh hun! I dont have any experience with reflux but I am sending you :hugs: cos my friends baby suffered real bad! Hope the hospital do something for her

Oh dear, what a day. lots of hugs needed at the mo I think:hugs:

I really hope that you get the reflux sorted soon, poor you and poor Alex. I hope you manage to get out soon x

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dont say that I know Tegan is older LOL!

I actually think we will have this for ages. :(

:( it sucks hun I know that.. Tegan's is almost gone now, so close to gone that she's only sick 1-2 times a month now and she's 21 months (sorry)

Is she on any meds for it? :hugs:

Going by her adjusted age too, Alex is only eight months old. By the time Tegan was about 11-12 months her reflux had gotten a lot better. x

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: and I thought Matthew's reflux was bad. Oh dear hope hosp can give you something stronger I know Alex has tried everything else :hugs: :hugs: x

:hugs: I know how bad reflux can be, my son was on gaviscon, ranitidine and domperidone and he was still chucking up at 18 months :shock:
It does pass tho:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->