What a few omths

donnylisa88

Reaction score
The title is meant to say what a few months, sorry

Hi

Let me start off saying sorry if this is in the wrong place and it doesnt make sense in some parts, but I need to write all this down, and dont have anyone else to turn to.

I know life aint simple, and everybody seems to have bad times, but it just seems like in the last few months everything has gone against me. Let me start with a few facts, I am 22, I am currently 26/27 weeks pregnant and due 13th april.
At the end of october, I left an employer because I was having trouble with staff bullying and pregnancy related illness (water infection, controlled by antibiotics), I handed my notice in and since then they have messed me about with money, firstly saying they owe me money, then saying I owe them money for november even though I finished working for them in October. The employer and the HR department arte refusing to speak to me, instead passing me from one to another. I have taken it to ACAS, and the employer has basically turned round and said it was me causing the problems and would send a breakdown of money I should get etc, I am still waiting for this now. I did have one good thing happen to me though, I got married on 6th november, and the day went off without any major hitches, but even on my big day, my OH family still thought it was all about them, but I am not ranting about that today lol.

After the wedding I caught flu from one of the guests, and was seriously ill with it which I am only just getting over now, which the doctors said I just had to wait it out. I have also been suffering from stress, anxiety and depression on and off for the last 2 years, and I feel like its coming back with vengeance. I was then admitted to hospital for over a week in the beginning of december, with pregnancy related problems including fainting, headaches, chest pains, and stress/depression. Then on the day I came out of hospital after all the tests coming back inconclusive, a close uncle lost his battle with cancer, we buried him on 20th december.

I went to see my consultant on the 21st december, who then refered me to see the community mental health team, and made me have regular appointments till the baby is born to keep on eye on me. But she seemed concerned about mine and the babys health over the christmas period, so advised me to keep warm etc. I then got home and the heating broke and we got informed it couldnt be fixed for the next few days :(. I managed to get an appointment with the mental health team, on the 23rd and she basically didnt understand why I was depressed (long story) and made no effort to find out and infact made me feel worse about everything, but I sat there cause I thought she might be true, she said the reason I havent got any friends is because I of my personality :(.

I then recieved a phone call off my husband, stating he had been laid off and we would have to claim job seekers, as he couldnt start looking for another job until the new year as everywhere had practically closed. I couldnt work as the doctor had advised me not too but wasnt entitled to sick benefits as my partner wasnt working.
So after an ok christmas, we rang the landlord to ask about some repairs that needed doing on the house and to say we would be paying him from housing benefit whilst my OH got another job, he never answered his phone, so left a voicemail. Then in between christmas and new year, we received a phone call off british gas saying that over the last 2 years the account had been in arrears and they are requesting the money back. We have only been living there a year, so proceeded to find out how much was owed, the told us £600 and cause we payed the bills currently, its us that have to pay it. So no jobs etc, and such a big bill we contacted the landlord again.

This is the basic conversation... me "hi, just wanted to ring and discuss the voicemail we left about repairs and housing benefit",
landlord " I am not responsible for repairs, as its all your fault the plaster is falling off the walls and the house is letting water in both through the roof and doors",
me "Oh... would you be able to come through and discuss it with us, and see if we can come to some sort of arrangement, and whilst you are here, could you ring british gas and explain we have only lived her for 12 months"
landlord " why should I have to sort out both a bill that you have racked up and damage you have caused (he aint even seen the damage), and as for housing benefit, I am not accepting that"
Me " but my OH is looking for another jobs, its only a temporary problem"
And this is the landlords exact words "well get out my house, you have 2 weeks from 4th jan to get out"

So he has made me and my OH homeless, whilst I am 26 weeks pregnant and no real income coming in. We went to see if we can get a council house and they need proof of this, but the landlord is refusing to give us an official eviction notice or even speak to them over the phone. Luckily my parents have managed to put us up for a few weeks, whilst we try and get sorted but me and my OH are arguing like no tomorrow and I just cant take much more.

Sorry about it being long winded, and dont feel like you have to answer, but I just needed to get in down somewhere. If anyone can think of anything to help us then please feel free to comment.

Thanks for reading, thats if you survived this long without giving up xx

Hi,
Gosh what a terrible few months! I hope things do get better. I had very similar problems once with an energy company and I went to the Citizens Advice Bureau. They recommended I get in touch with energywatch and they sorted it out for me. Maybe get to the CAB and try and get help with all these things. I'm sure the landlord cannot throw you out. In the UK tenants are well protected and you could even stay there without paying rent and to get taken to court you have to be three months in arrears. Not that I am suggesting you do that, but just so you know that you do have rights.
Also, can you see anyone else from the mental health team? The person you saw does not sound suitable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->