What a strange night - is this progress?

mushmouth

Mum to an amazing Girl
Reaction score
As most of you know, I'm WTT till about 2012 as my Hub isn't ready, who will avoid baby talk where ever possible! this might be a bit long but I feel you need all the info to get the full details and help me understand! lol

Last night afterwork I went to visit a friend with a 4 and a half month old baby, he is GORGEOUS! When I got home Hub asked how my day at work was, and then how my visit to A and her bub... and what was he like etc. I tried to play it down, jsut said he was so gorgeous, and not a tiny delicate baby but a sturdy little thing, with a real personality and totally hilarious.

Later I went into the bedroom to watch "one born every minute" so that he didn't feel forced to watch, or like I was pushing him to talk babies. Part way though he shouted me, but I didn't go because I was watching the woman puuuuuuush... eventually when the next ad-break came on, I went to see what he wanted, and he had the show on, paused, and asked "are you watching this??? I've paused it incase you forgot" awww bless him! then when I said yes he changed the channel - BUT when I went back in the bedroom, and the woman had given birth - I could hear the baby crying inthe living room too - he had watched the whole thing!

When he came to bed he asked so many questions, about the baby born with by C-section, about the natural birth and the woman being cut. He said "WHY DO WOMEN PUT THEMSELVES THROUGH THAT????" i said because once its over, you have a gorgeous baby.

We were lying in bed and he started poking my belly and said "you're not pregnant are you?" I said - "I don't know, I doubt it.. but we'll find out after valentines day" (AF is due 18th), when I asked if he would be upset if i was, he just shrugged, where as in the past he would have said "I'd run a mile!" lol

later when we BD'd he didn't pull out. He did his business! now we only use withdrawel method, and he has never not pulled out before... He doesnt know details about how and when you concieve, or when I ov'd, so he couldn't know its too late.

what do you think ladies? I fell asleep totally confused, and woke up still frowning!!! :dohh:

Didn't you ask him why he didn't pull out?

First thing I would have said was 'oh, what's going on here then?! Are we TTC?'

Otherwise you're left in limbo not knowing what he wants/doesn't want.

i agree - very good. How about you have a little chat later about why he didnt pull out and perhaps try the ntnp route? good luck :) xx

I think if he didn't want to be a dad he sure as hell would have pulled out, and tbh, I know if my OH didn't want kids he sure as hell wouldn't really on the pull-out method at all!

Sounds pretty positive ;)

men are complicated creatures id say all of that combined is his way of saying he is ready without actually having to say it lol xx

Didn't you ask him why he didn't pull out?

First thing I would have said was 'oh, what's going on here then?! Are we TTC?'

Otherwise you're left in limbo not knowing what he wants/doesn't want.

Naw - I was a little stunned to be fair! plus I didn't want to push TTC, I've been doing that a bit much lately! But I will when I get home! lol

I wonder if it will happen again! ugh - atleast WE say what we think and feel!

This sounds very similar to my situation! I woudl definitely say it's progress!!

Me and the OH watched that programme last night, and he, for once, was actually interested in it!

He also turned to me, poked my belly and said 'suprised you're not pregnant yet'!!!

I think if you dont pressure them they open up a bit... but as soon as you say 'are we TTC' they go back into a shell... so i've left it that my OH is deciding not to use condoms or pull out, therefore he must secretly want an 'accident' and it means it's not so pressurised! I'm happy to go with the flow for a while as I dont feel the need to be told we're TTC! If it happens it happens, plus we know when we are likely to be OV'ing!!

Ooh sounds very exciting! I agree that men are complicated, and I actually think you did the right thing by not quizzing him straight away, cos it might have put him on the spot and under pressure. I think though that you obv still need to have a chat. I think maybe men get like us sometimes too, and have a baby urge.

Def sounds like you are on the way to TTC :happydance:

Sounds good to me! I'm jealous! OH asks questions and talks about birth and pregnancy with me. It's progress for us...but it's such sloooooow progress! I wanna get going soon! lol

sunshine--You're too right about men there. I'm trying to keep my mouth shut here but it's sooo hard! He better appreciate my efforts to keep HIM calm! lol

It's promising, even if he's just a bit more curious about it all. I wouldn't put him on the spot about it, perhaps just something like "Oops we weren't very careful last night were we..." and see where it goes...

thanks girls. Sunshine i think you've got it spot on. He knows how i feel so its his choice now. For now anyway!

and yeah cupcake i agree! He'd clam straight up and we'd be back to square one!

complicated or extremely simple... Too simple for us to understand... I haven't decided yet!

I'm feeling quite positive! Fingers crossed girls!

right well I approached it as a very casual conversation that went a bit like this

me- what happened last night
he pretended not to have a clue what i was talking about
me - last night, when we had sex - did you cum??
him - yeah
me - Inside me???
him - well..,. where'd you want me to come? inside myself?

at which he tutted and walked off... I think he is a little shy about it all... bless him. But he IS being very affectionate!

him - well..,. where'd you want me to come? inside myself?!

lol. Men. I def agree its a very positive sign, I would keep quiet for a wee while, he's a grown man, he's knows the consequences of having unprotected sex, wats he think gonna happen?

Then broach the subject again in a month r 2, the less said the better with men sometimes I think tho thats easier said than done, I know!

x

Haha he sounds hilarious XD Where d'you want me to cum, inside myself?!
Maybe he's just letting you know he's nearly ready or whatever, but he doesn't want the pressure, it must be a bit scary to have that much pressure on your performance lol. I agree though, don't talk to him about it too much or he'll clam up again :p I wish men were as simple as women!! Good luck m'dear!! :) xx

Thanks girls, I definatly am going to try and never mention it to him... I am curious to see what will happen tonight!

I think a few of you said it, but maybe putting the TTC label would just be too much pressure for him!

:D:D

So how did it go?!

I've learnt that in some cases you just have to keep quiet, as said, they know the consequences of unprotected sex, but they dont want to be under the pressure of the label of TTC! I personally think its their way of ttc! Not all men are open to putting dates etc on things! Definitely positive! YAY!

I slept! we didn't get to do anything because after visiting the gym quite late I was knocked out! BUT I will definatly come running back and tell you what happens next time!

as a few of you said, he knows the consequences! lol

I slept! we didn't get to do anything because after visiting the gym quite late I was knocked out! BUT I will definatly come running back and tell you what happens next time!

as a few of you said, he knows the consequences! lol

hehe! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back