What about the flu vaccine/shot for those TTC?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by AppleSeed, Oct 14, 2008.

1. AppleSeed

AppleSeed TTC #1 Since July 2008

I work in the health care and in health care they reccommend that we get our flu vaccines. So - would you? Have you? Have you heard anything telling me that I should? Shouldn't? Feedback is appreciated.

2. Sash13

Sash13 WTT IMPATIENTLY after MC

I am a teacher and we have the opportunity to receive free flu shots on November 5th. I had intended to get one but am wondering the same thing!

3. adzuki

adzuki Mom to Miss M.

Me three!

A.

4. bluey

bluey Mum of 2 boys

Likewise! I work for the NHS & get a flu jab every year. Due for mine this morning. What to do?!

5. aflight84

aflight84 Mummy to a princess x

I had mine on saturday and asked that very question - it's not a live vaccine so it's ok to have while pregnant or ttc. Felt like crap the day after though!

6. Kitten

Kitten Mummy to Theakston & Nyah

I have mine every year but I rang the doctors this morning and said I may be pg and they said I couldn't have it!!

I googled and everything and everywhere said it was fine, and you could even get one that was different and suitable so I may kick off with them if I still have BFP on Thursday.

7. Uvlollypop

Uvlollypop finally a mum

i saw recently on the news that they are planing on starting to give it to pregnant women so id imagine its ok :)

8. aflight84

aflight84 Mummy to a princess x

i'm worried now i've had mine! i'im sure she couldn't tell me it was ok and give it to me if it's not cos then i could sue!

9. Alexis

Alexis Surprisingly in the 2WW

wondering here too!! i have to get one every year. my father has a bad heart so him getting the flu isnt good at ALL.

10. moomoo

moomoo Mumma to 2 & 1 in heaven!

HI appleseed, i am meant to have this jab due to my asthma, and i personally would advise against it..the 2 times i've had it have made me really poorly..one of which set off an asthma attack. Also my friend who is a nurse says a lot of people she works around wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. Obviously if you havent had a problem in the past i would go for it!!