what age did you start weaning you LO?

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
basically what the title says really,

what age was your LO when you started weaning?

LOL I just went into this thread to ask the same question!!

Im thinking I will start at 4 months... cos already milk doesnt seem to satisfy courtney and what with the reflux... I reckon she will be much better on solids!!

Hannah was just under 5 months when we first gave her a little baby rice. She is now on 2 meals a day - breakfast and tea.

Unfortunatly it still isnt helping her sleep through the night :dohh:

joshua is very sicky on milk and the last few days he has been watchingme when i eat.

joshua only wakes once in the night so i wouldntbe doingit just so he sleeps through

I started Sam on tastes of food at 5 months but he wasn't having much at all (two small meals a day) until he was 6 months x

Ruby just started at 18 weeks she's been getting baby porridge once a day, but introduced some sweet potato today. Will start giving her a new vegetable to try every couple of days.
I think guidelines advise no sooner than 17 weeks, but they are only guidelines.

my HV said you can start weaning at 14 weeks coz he is bottle fed

Started at 4 months. He was on 40oz of milk per day at 3 months already.

I wouldn't really call it "weaning" though in my boys case because that implies having less milk. The greedy pig still drinks all his milk and has rice for breakfast and veggies or fruit for supper.

Why does bottle feeding make a difference?

seems like AGAIN the HV just says what she wants!! It shouldnt make a difference! If anything from what I have heard.... more likely to ween earlier when breast fed cos you dont have the option to go onto hungrier baby milk as easier as you do with bottles!

My friends LO is 5 months now and she is so torn by what to do.... every HV she has spoke to has said different!!

seems like AGAIN the HV just says what she wants!! It shouldnt make a difference! If anything from what I have heard.... more likely to ween earlier when breast fed cos you dont have the option to go onto hungrier baby milk as easier as you do with bottles!

My friends LO is 5 months now and she is so torn by what to do.... every HV she has spoke to has said different!!

its so true, we see it all the time on bnb each hv telling us something different. we have been told 6months, but another hv said maddi was a big baby at birth (9lb 3 and half) so she said she would be amazed if we made it to 5months.

in my own opinion i think each mummy no's when their baby is ready and go from there. maddi is a really easy baby, sleeps through the night and is hungry but she ha hungry baby formula and that sorts her out for her now 7oz bottle 5 times a day, she' started watching us with food but she's been slow holding her own head and i no she' not ready yet. i can't wait till she is but like everything i do, i'm going to lead by her.

your no mrs-N as you no your own baby :hugs:

i hope i haven't offended anyone here, i no what a hot topic this is, :hugs: too all - its just imo :hugs::hugs:

They all seem to have different advice :huh: They have one rule for every baby when all babies are so different! :roll: x

They all seem to have different advice :huh: They have one rule for every baby when all babies are so different! :roll: x

exactly... im not gonna get to hung up on it!! Shes my baby and I know her better than any HV :)

exactly... im not gonna get to hung up on it!! Shes my baby and I know her better than any HV :)

Exactly... I only take Sam to the clinic when I want to know what he weighs now - just because I'm interested, not because I want any advice on what I should be feeding him and when. I know he's eating well and he's happy :D x

Exactly... I only take Sam to the clinic when I want to know what he weighs now - just because I'm interested, not because I want any advice on what I should be feeding him and when. I know he's eating well and he's happy :D x

me too! i only take maddi to be weighed every four weeks cos i want to no how much she weigh. if i have any problems then i go to my gp, our hv is useless! :hugs:

This time 4.5 months with my older children it was 3 months Morgan cos he was so so hungry (remember this was 4.5 years ago so the advice then was 4 months any way so wasnt very early), and Naomi-Mae was 3 months cos she had severe reflux so her consultant said to give it to her as she was losing weight.

me too! i only take maddi to be weighed every four weeks cos i want to no how much she weigh. if i have any problems then i go to my gp, our hv is useless! :hugs:

I want to take him again now! Haven't had him weighed since he was 6 months. Off on holiday next week though so will have to do it when we get back...just not going to let them stress me out about his weight ever again :D x

im going to see them tomorrow....eeeek!! lol!! but im going to my surgery so it should be better! :)

Wow, have things changed or something?!

When I had my son and daughter (they are 12 and 10), it was around 3 months to 4 months old.

What is the 'rule' now??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->