What age do babies start holding things...

babymello

My Pretty Mama
Reaction score
Like rattles, toys, bottles etc...

At 2 1/2 weeks my baby started to hold her paci.

I made my husband take a photo of her holding it.

She's 7 weeks now, and I want to know when will they start grasping these objects.

Mello

Caitlyn started at 6 weeks I think but I'd have to check her calander to be sure! She started shaking her rattle and me and my mum were so shocked! She didn't stop doing it after. Hmm, maybe it was later on than 6 weeks.. I'll check for you if you want.

O.K. I checked and that was a lie. She was.. 9 weeks I think. It was the 13th of August.

mother and baby (september issue) says 'babies of this age (the baby is 6 wks old) aren't able to pick up objects. The firm grip her mum talks about is the grasp reflex - all babies are born with this. It disappears over time as a child becomes more able to pick things up and drop them'. It says later in the article that babies around 6 months learn to transfer objects from hand to hand and develop their fine motor skills by picking up objects using the palmar (whole hand) grip.

Can you totally tell that I'm missing writing essays/education?!

well max is almost 4 months now and can clearly see what hes going to pick up , he started holding his paci at 2 months and now teases himself doing the in and out motion lol lil bugger ..as for anything that comes into his sights well its doomed to be grabbed and headed straight for oral cavity land .

Seth doesn't do that yet. If you put something in his hand he'll grip it but it's completely random and Im pretty sure he doesn't intend to do it.

xxx

Caitlyn picks things up off the floor now. She will grab absolutely anything. She can switch hands when she's playing. All babies are different. She doesn't talk much anymore..

Sean also manages to hold things. He actually grads the metal bar on his bouncy seat and pulls himself up. We have a Barney that moves and sings and he grabs the umbrella and tries to hold it still. He will also put his arms around his mini barney and hold it close to his face. When he plays on his mat he is constantly grabbing the toys and holding onto them. But for some reason is must be soft toys. He doesn't like rattles yet!

O.K. I checked and that was a lie. She was.. 9 weeks I think. It was the 13th of August.

That's good you keep a journal. I do too...
Every week I'm writing down the things my baby girl does.

Don't want to forget those precious moments.

Mello

My baby boy is 7 weeks and still can't hold anything! Well, he holds his hands up to my boob when I'm feeding him but that's about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->