What Age Do Babies Start To Hold Things?

Louisa K

Reaction score
At what age did your LO start to hold things?

I've tried to get Louis to hold a stage one soother for his teething pain, it's made for little hands and designed to be easy for them to hold but he really doesn't get it at all??

Still to early? :shrug:

It varies with different babies!! At 7.5 weeks Alexa started holding her small toys, but I had to place them in her hand so she coulld grip it first!! Try that, it should work!!

Yeah I did do that but he didn't make no attempt to continue holding it.. Maybe I should try it with something else first, that type of soother was one you put in the fridge so maybe because it was cold he didn't like it.. dunno.. But I'll deffo try to get him to hold something else instead...

I was a bit worried thinking he doesn't know how to use his hands properly..

Dont worry the first time Dec even attempted to hold something he was almost 3 months !!! even then I had to put it in his hand. He didnt hold something unaided until he was almost 5 months!!!!!!

I just read in parenting magazine that 5 months is when babies generally start to hold things unaided.

Josh is holding most of his toys and rattles now and shakes them and brings them to his mouth

Colton will hold things and bring them to his mouth.
He used to do it better, now he knows that if he moves his arm up and down really fast and lets go.. usually the toy will go flying. :dohh:

Lilly was about 4 months when she first really started holding things

Bethanie first started holding things at 2-3 months, but would drop them (small rattles, dummy etc). She didn't hold things properly until later though. Do not worry!

Angelynn has only been holding toys by herself for the last 3 weeks. she still doesn't know how to hold on to them for long periods of time but she is able to look at an object and grasp it and of course put it in her mouth!! Her eye/hand coordination is still improving!

Rileys just started to hold his toys proply and just started to try and eat them hes nearly 4 months now he used to pull his dummy out and hold it at a very young age but thats only light

charlie has started pulling his dummy out his mouth and holding it for about 30 seconds and he allways holds his bib and blankets and has held a toy and and put that in his mouth too he seems to love chewing at the moment think he could be teething xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->