What age do you think is best?

see now age is difficult in our relationship...im im guna be 21 in four months...but my fiancè is 31. We met when i was 17 and he was 27...even though this in no way affects our relationship...there is still 10 years between us and therefore the right age to have kids is difficult.

I went to uni at 17 and iv got a degree by the time im now 20. Fiancè has got a good income and we have our really gorgeous modern 2 bedroomed flat owned by my parents so no worries about mortgage stability etc until we are ready to buy from them! So we decided to start trying around february and im now 5+2 weeks pregnant...so il be 21 and a half when the baby is born. Iv always been mature but i echo all the above opinions as in our case..it all depends on the maturity of that specific couple

I am 26 and feel ready now but unfortunately hubby isn't!

i used to think that younger would be better to have kids. i always imagined i'd be done having kids by the time i was 30. i'll be 29 in a couple of weeks and still no kids! i'm realizing now how much i've grown up in the past few years. i've gotten married, got my career sorted out, bought a house with hubby..all of these things ended up being really important to me and having them all done before having a family also ended up being really important to me. also, hubby hasn't been ready to have a family until recently, which at times frustrated me but now i see that we are at a much better place now and can provide for our family the way that we want to (not only financially but emotionally).

i think both younger and older people can be great parents. i agree with the maturity thing too and i don't think that maturity is completely related to age. i'm sure we all know some older people that are lacking it. :laugh2:

, I already said at 16 that if I ever have kids, I would like to have them at 25 years old. If everything goes as it should I realised just lately I am going to have kids at that age actually.
I think any other age is fine too, everybody should see that for themselves but for me I 'd like around 25 best.

Actually my oh is also older than me so I wouldnt want to wait too long with him neither.

I agree with what most the others have said. I think as long as you are in a very stable relationship, have your own place and have got used to living with eachother, have stable jobs and can afford a baby then go for it. For some this happens young and others it happens much later. I personally think 18 is way too young to be considering TTC.
I was 21 when I had Lucy and although I wouldnt change her for the world, there is a lot I cant do that I would like to be able to.

I think most people know when its the right time and when they are financially and emotionally ready

I'm an older mom, just had my first before my 35th birthday. My situation is I never wanted children until just before i was 34, once decided got pg straight away. I am so fortunate to be an older mommy, i dont feel as if I have missed out in life, my husband and I have been together since we were 18 and we have travelled the world together and had the most amazing adventures.
Personally for me if I had kids much earlier in life I would have missed out on so many opportunities. At this stage in life we have achieved alot of our dreams, we have our own house, we are financially secure and we are in a long stable relationship, and am in a place where I can devote all my attention to my child!

I am 19 now, and not ready for a baby. Me and my OH have been together close to two years, and if on the off chance i was to fall pregnant, we would be ok with it...but its not our ideal situation, as i am at uni and still have 2 years till i finish.
We both want to get married around 22 and hopefully conceive around 25, we want to enjoy each other for a while before any baby arrives. Even though at times i get very clucky, i no it will be better, more exciting and more convenient if we wait. Thats the right decision for us, everyone is completely different though.

I'm 23 and I think I'm still too selfish to look after a baby! I think looking after a child is more expensive than it used to be -I realise that considerable savings can be made if you are sensible but I think most people would like the finances to spoil their children a little bit. With the increasing cost it is inevitable that many people will end up having children later so that they can cope financially.

I would really like to have my first by the time I am 30. At the moment I will be 27 by the time my OH has hopefully finished his PhD and found a job. I would be happy to fall pregnant before then but it would depend on my ability to support baby more or less on my salary alone. Also OH would really prefer to have finished studying -that's his excuse and he's sticking to it!

I would prefer not to be older as I would like to know their grandparents would be around for a while when they're growing up. Also I'm a worrier so I would likely stress myself out over body clock/increased risks etc because I'm like that :blush:

When I was younger I definitely wasn't ready for a baby -I struggled to look after myself. I generally think that it's better to wait til 20s though I'm sure this is not always the case :)

I'd say 30+ - live a little before having kids! I'm 33 and it's a great age to have kids. No need to rush these things - I'm so different to what I was like 10yrs ago. More security, with the right man, more experienced, got a lot of things out of my system. You still have as much energy as in your 20s lol! x

i think it all depends on when your ready im a mum of 1 and im 18 and i couldnt be happier its easy when your younge between 18-25 because it easier to run around with your child/children and you have longer with them.lol

Good Thread Angel1990. :):)

Im 20 and about to start my final year at uni. Mentally and Physically I feel ready now, however, we've decided to wait until I finish uni. OH is 27 and has a great job with a good income and we have a house despite me living so far away from it, he wants to start trying this decemeber. Whilst I was up for it initially, I do think that finishing uni whilst pregnant would be difficult. We originally planned for May next year, but I feel that I will wait until my ticker is up, and see how we are. As much as it would be nice to have a baby, I would also like to enjoy the thrills of earning my own money and living long term with my OH..

So what I'm saying in a round-a-bout way is that: I don't think that there is a definitive year, age or time. It depends on a number a variables including your relationship, financial position, and your maturity in respect of both physical and emotional readiness. If you feel that you are ready for a baby and can give it the most loving and best life you could give, then go for it. No one can tell you otherwise!

:)

xxxxxx

i think it all depends on when your ready im a mum of 1 and im 18 and i couldnt be happier its easy when your younge between 18-25 because it easier to run around with your child/children and you have longer with them.lol

I agree that it's when you feel ready yourself, but it makes me laugh that so many of you think you cant run round after your LOs when you are in your 30s! BTW you can, v easily!!!!

I think it's definitely a case of when you feel ready. When I was 18 and first started seeing my husband, I told him I wanted to start a family at 25 (seven years seemed a loooooooong way off!!) but I got there and it didn't feel right. So, I just figured I'd know when the time was right and there was no point putting an age on it. I'm now 30 (husband is 33) and am ready. I do feel like this is a good age for me as I've had all of my 20s to just be with my husband and to do our own thing but we're still relatively young.

K x

I agree that it's when you feel ready yourself, but it makes me laugh that so many of you think you cant run round after your LOs when you are in your 30s! BTW you can, v easily!!!!

This made me laugh too! My mum had my sister at 40 and still runs around with her very very easily!

For me I can not imagine me having kids before now. I never wanted to be a young mom (I guess because I am such a big baby myself). There are benefits to having kids younger and having them older. I think it is a personal choice.

For me personally, I would say between 21 and 35. Whilst we're still getting ourselves sorted financially, both DF and myself are physically and emotionally ready and finances should be ok by the time we get married next April. So I'll be 21 when we start ntnp (which is as close to actively trying as DF is happy with!! Bless him!). That said, if I were to fall now we could cope just about and make things ok.

It depends entirely on when you as an individual feel ready, although the thought of just deciding to start a family when you're 50+ is just strange to me!

Beca :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->