what age does it become.....

babydevil1989

Reaction score
rude to give LO the food off of your plate instead of buying them a meal? lol.

we dont eat out all that often and when we do i will just ask for a side plate and give LO some of my food.

just wondering what age this becomes rude lol x

I find kids meals a rip off really because he don't eat half of it so it's just wasted I like the ones you get from debenhams cafe though in the box so I could take them with me. Not so easy now with his allergy though c

im not sure i would have said depending on the child 4 or 5 but sometimes i order morgan a small kids meal sometimes she has some of mine, not that i eat out very often
i think it depends if the child could manage a whole portion because i have noticed in some places there isnt much difference between adult and kids size plates

i'll stop doing it when she goes to school prob!

I normally just give him some of mine and take emergency stuff in the change bag that I can use if he's having a picky day. x

Depends where we are realy, most places he gets his own meal but some times I just give him some of mine if hes not very hungry or if there is nothing on the childrens menue he will eat.
I have noticed though some resturants lately have a rule on no sharing so not sure if that mean children as well.

If we do eat out I tend to get my 3 year old one which she shares with my 1 year old. If I only had my eldest (3) I think I'd still have her sharing with me!

we don't go out often but she wont eat
a whole meal so i'm not paying for one :rofl:

i only get her own meal at mcdonalds or BK cos she eats the leftovers later on in the day. i dont at kfc cos you get that much :shock:

i always find the food on the kids menues are usually 'junk' or ready/micro meals, so if this was the case, i'd either order extra for us, and share, like side orders or starters etc, if this was cheaper than buyin an extra adult meal, i dont see why we can eat lovely cooked meals, and they get a microwavable pizza, or chicken nuggets!

I try my best not to eat at fast food places anymore but if we go to McD's I get her a happy meal usually just for the toy. She doesn't eat the nuggets but will eat the apple slices and usually shares my salad. I mostly just buy it for the toy. :rofl: If we eat in a restaurant, she gets a side plate and we share our food with her.

I think it's fine until about school age. :flower:

Depends on the restaurant.

When a child is past the milk-only stage I think it's rude to bring your own snacks and drinks for them into a coffee shop. I get my son (coming 3) a milkshake when we go out for coffee. Yes, it's expensive but going out for coffee is an expensive habit and I think it's wrong to take up seats and time in a cafe and not be a paying customer.

In a restaurant though you can get away with more... like have a (small discreet) snack with you in case they get peckish waiting on the food order arriving. I either get a starter for my two/ order an adult meal between them/ occasionally just share ours. They are one and nearly 3. I'm not completely against junk food, but I wouldn't get them a junky meal if we're having a proper meal. (They get fish n chips with us if we go out to the chippy.)

My son is nearly 3 and this is the age where it gets embarassing not to order him something I think. Although he is bery big for his age so looks older.

depends on when and where u r eating sometimes he will have a side i.e chips or something but other times he has food off our plates. he is nearly 3 x

We normally order a little plate for Jacob and let him have bits of ours. He's so blooming fussy at the best of times, if he has his own he'll just play with it ! We'll stop doing it when he has more food manners :haha:

well babies in food places in my pet hate (sorry to those that do, just not my thing!!!) so our LO has only been eating out for a few months and he is nearly three ... but we buy him his own meal :) x

well babies in food places in my pet hate (sorry to those that do, just not my thing!!!) so our LO has only been eating out for a few months and he is nearly three ... but we buy him his own meal :) x

:wacko: can I ask why? my 2 have been going to resturants since their where in carseats

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->