What am I doing wrong?????

Sophie1205

TTC #2
Reaction score
I feel like such a shit mother and girlfriend because I just always end up getting things wrong when I'm cooking :cry:

Ive just switched over from using jars to making my own food and I'm ok with veg and whatever but CHICKEN for f*ck sake, why do I always do it wrong. Im trying to hard not to cry right now because Ive just slaved in my kitched (which is like a sauna atm) at 1 in the morning to make up a couple of days worth of dinners for Leo. Now I was planning on doing, veg, chicken and potato and he's only ended up with veg and potato :cry:
I bought fresh chicken breasts and I follwed the instructions on the pack perfectly. It said to preheat oven... so I did. It said to cook it for 30 mins.... I cooked it for 50 MINS!!!!! and it still didnt look right.. but the juices were running clear ( as the packet said it would when its done) and so I took them out and went to cut it and there were was still pink inside :cry::cry::cry:

What did I do wrong?!? So I ended up throwing it away because I didnt have a sodding clue what to do with it. Please help me, what am I doing wrong?!

:cry: x

:hugs: hun, you are not a rubbish mum at all! Everyone has to learn somehow! At least you are taking the time to make his food yourself. You should be proud for trying!

It sounds like you may have had the heat too low, and the chicken was too plump.

Next time, beat the chicken with a tenderiser (wooden mallet) if they are quite thick breasts until they are a bit more tender and flatter.

Then put them in the oven for about 30mins at 200 degrees.

You can also stir/pan fry chicken by cooking it on a medium constant heat.

:hugs:

:hugs: hun, you are not a rubbish mum at all! Everyone has to learn somehow! At least you are taking the time to make his food yourself. You should be proud for trying!

It sounds like you may have had the heat too low, and the chicken was too plump.

Next time, beat the chicken with a tenderiser (wooden mallet) if they are quite thick breasts until they are a bit more tender and flatter.

Then put them in the oven for about 30mins at 200 degrees.

You can also stir/pan fry chicken by cooking it on a medium constant heat.

:hugs:

Thank you :hugs: I will try that next time.

It probably sounds really silly but I just want to be a good Mum and I keep having stupid setbacks.

Another question, Ive made two days worth (4 little pots) of the potato and veg up, can I put it all in the fridge and use within the two days or should I put the second days worth in the freezer?? I just have no idea and feel so stupid. xx

Yep, it will be fine for two days in the fridge :) I keep stuff for a 3/4 days in the fridge at most but any more that that and it'll go in the freezer as soon as its cooked.

You're a wonderful Mum and silly setbacks doens't mean you aren't. No one knows everything, we all have to learn somehow!

Yep, it will be fine for two days in the fridge :) I keep stuff for a 3/4 days in the fridge at most but any more that that and it'll go in the freezer as soon as its cooked.

You're a wonderful Mum and silly setbacks doens't mean you aren't. No one knows everything, we all have to learn somehow!

Thanks, you've really made me feel better. Im just letting things get to me too much right now. Im just gonna keep trying and trying and hope I will get there in the end. Thank you :hugs:
xxx

everything is trial and error when cooking hun, dont give up yet you'll soon be a pro, it took me yrs to become a good cook and i still get things wrong.

your aware of what your doing while cooking as you can tell the difference between cooked and undercooked, so your doing well, keep putting it back in the oven till your sure its done.

xx

everything is trial and error when cooking hun, dont give up yet you'll soon be a pro, it took me yrs to become a good cook and i still get things wrong.

your aware of what your doing while cooking as you can tell the difference between cooked and undercooked, so your doing well, keep putting it back in the oven till your sure its done.

xx

I kept putting it back in but because I cut it in half I assumed I couldnt put it back in :shrug:

Can I?? If i've cut it... So confused.

xxx

can't offer help on cooking meat, but if you are trying to cook for your baby then I want to give you a bit pat on the back! I have my OH cook and freeze stuff for me :D I am rubbash. And you are sooo not a bad mum!

Its fine to put it back in if you've cut it as long as not been sat out a while :hugs:

Yeah, if its fine to put it back in the oven if you have cut it- put it back as many times as it takes until its completly done. Ive done it on many many occasions. Im sure we all have!!!

How about slicing it into half lengthways to thin it out a bit and then steaming it ot keep moisture in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->