What and How much? (6 months)

Sweetie

DD, DS, and a Surprise!!!
Reaction score
Wondering about getting an update on what and how much the 6 month old crew is eating?

Well Hannah's a little short of six months but I'll give you her schedule

7:45(ish) 3-4 ounce bottle, oatmeal made up with 2-3 tablespoons of formula
11:30(ish) 4-5 ounce bottle, 1/3-1/2 jar fruit puree
3-4 4-5 ounce bottle
5:30(ish) oatmeal made up with 1-2 tablespoons formula, 1/3-1/2 jar veggie puree
10(ish) top up bottle of 4-6 ounces
3(ish) 3 ounce bottle (we're slowly cutting down the ounces here trying to incorporate them into her day feeds--used to be 6 ounces!)

we're 6 months and one week and we're on the following solids:

8 - baby cereal (amount as per the box) plus half a small jar of fruit for brekkie.
at about 11 we have lunch and he'll refuse all veges and meat and then happy snaffle down about 130g jar size of fruit and rice puree
at around 3 its snack time so we'll have the same again of fruit and cereal or rice, or fruit puree and rusk.. or i hope to start introducing him to the world of yourts soon.
then at 5.30 - 6 its dinner time. he'll have 3 mouthfuls of veges, cry and scoff down a jar size of fruit and cereals again. and sometimes polish off half a banana too.

a very fruity little boy!...

milk is offered all day but generally he'll have a big drink first thing, then again in the afternoon and again before bed. thena couple in the night.

Erin will be 6 months tomorrow. I've only been weaning her for 2 weeks so at the mo she has:

8.00 - 7oz bottle
11.30-12.00 - veg puree & 5oz bottle
4.00 - fruit puree & 5oz bottle
7.30 - 7oz bottle

I also give her sips of water throughout the day as she tends to get a bit constipated.

as maddi has been poorly and a bit sporadic with weaning she is just on one meal aday, usually something plain like baby rice at around 11am:

8am morning 7oz bottle
11am rice/etc with 7oz bottle
2pm 7oz bottle
5pm 7oz bottle
8pm last bottle and bed 7oz again

i will up her food soon but as she's had gastroenteritis and other tummy upsets the doc said to keep it at this for the time being, off to the hv monday so will be pleased to speak to her :)

interesting thread, but anyone still breastfeeding, as i dont think we want to wean off bf at six months.. kaitlyn bf and has half jar of fruit puree at 12-1 thats it.

Thanks all. I noticed that Brooklynn really hasn't been eating much, under 20oz a day and no real solids. I give her a couple of tablespoons of rice in the evening but it seems to be all she wants. It's not that I'm majorly concerned just kinda wondered. We will likely be intoducing some veg this week or next but I though it was weird that she was eating so little, or at least it seemed like it.

interesting thread, but anyone still breastfeeding, as i dont think we want to wean off bf at six months.. kaitlyn bf and has half jar of fruit puree at 12-1 thats it.

yes, still bfing while weaning. I'll bfeed as long as he wants me to.

WHO saying we need to wean at 6 months. But I assume this is the "average" baby so some wean earlier rather than later and weaning doesnt mean giving up all milk. Milk is important until 2 years.
I wanted my LO to be able to eat well by the time eating soldis was essential to his health so started a little early. It talkes some practice! Also he was showing a lot of interest in food and took to it so well.
He still loves boobie, just not as often as he used to. 3 meals a day is fine at 6 months. But milk is also important yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->