What are everyons reasons for WTT rather than TTC now?

lillypiesmummy

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am in two minds wether to continue to TTC or WTT as my oh has been made redundant. I just wondered what some of you grls reasons for waiting were.

Lisa xxx

Hi,

We are waiting as we have 19 more months until our debts are re-paid and we want to be able to take me out of work for the full year. We wouldn't be able to do this if we were still re-paying. Thankfully we're both still very young in the grand scheme. Hubby is 25 in 4 weeks ....eeeek Must get his pressie sorted!! :dohh:

Other reason is that we had a big holiday booked for March but this has been put back to November as we couldn't go in March anymore. Works out well really as we get back 9 months before the debts run out! he he :happydance:

Sorry, I'm still a little over-excited about xmas so it's all a little full on at the moment.

Love and Light x

Need to pay off my overdraft and save for the future, H is bike racing this year and wants to wait until the season is finished till I actually have the baby (if it happens straight away)

Mainly because Mr G is telling me to wait until after we're married. At one point he want to wait until we owned a house, but with the current climate he's realised that may not happen and renting a house comes with all the perks and we don't have to pay for the repairs. I would like to ttc now as i have a weird feeling i will find it difficult to get preg :cry:

We're marrying in Feb and then I have to wait for my diabetes consultant to give me the go-ahead. We also want to spend a bit of time at the newlywed stage before we start worrying about babies though we definitely want to start trying towards the end of next year for a 2010 birth.

We're waiting til our daughter is a year old.(Ophelia is only 6 months old and Im broody already).Hope the time doesnt go too slowly for you ladies and you all get that positive result soon.xx

I'm only waiting for my OH to be ready. If he said he was, I'd be trying immediately!

waiting for my OH to be ready, and until after we get married. And also im starting a new job in a few days so would like to settle into that for a couple of years. hope to start trying end of 2010-early 2011.
xxx

I want my son to be more independent and to pay off my hubby's truck. We plan on TTC around this time next year :) we will see though.

My hubby has to take drugs for his arthritis and he has to come off them 6 months before we can safely start TTC as the risk of an abnormality in the baby is very high if the drug is still in his system when I conceive.

He came off his drugs in October.

We're waiting until we can afford a bigger place as at the moment we're living in a tiny flat with a cat and a dog! Also my job makes being pregnant a bit difficult so want to be in my current employment for a little longer.

Just waiting for DH to give it the go-ahead! I don't think he is ready to give up the easy life just yet! Otherwise we're in a pretty reasonable position to TTC. Hopefully it won't be toooo long, fingers crossed.

Waiting till my OH is ready, we have more money, are both in jobs we like, and have done a bit more travelling & other things we'd quite like to do before children take over!xx

For me it's mostly waiting on OH. I also have a vacation planned in the summer.

Sorry, this may be long:

Husband and I got married in May 2007, and took possession of our first home on January 3, 2008. We had originally decided when we got married that we would wait a couple years, but then were able to buy right away so changed the plans saying that we would try in Feb 2009 as after a year of paying a mortgage and whatnot, we would be able to organize our finances.
In May, we thought I was pregnant. When we found out I wasn't, he said that we could ttc in September. I got so excited. I partied it up all summer, then September came, and he told me he wasn't quite there. I was NOT happy.
It turned out it was a good thing cause we started to notice some minor things around our house needed to be fixed. It went from minor to pretty major. The major being we needed to replace our hot water tank, and we have a fault in our foundation that we need to wait til spring to get fixed. We live in a townhouse condo, and we are at the mercy of the condo board to hire a contractor and get it fixed as the foundation is their concern, not ours.
Husband and I have finally decided that when we get our finances back in check, we can start trying. We are figuring late spring, early summer '09. We'll see though.
I am also going to note that if I were to get pregnant now, we would both be over the moon. We would be in a good financial position for a baby, however, we would like to get other stuff sorted out beforehand if we can.

I have to wait for my scan on my uterus to see if it has healed from being teared during an emergency c-section,the scan is one week tomorrow so if evrything is ok then we start that day bcause if all goes to plan that is my ovulation day...lol x x x

well for us we're waiting for dmain to have his genetic testing done. Theres a sight chancce he may have a chromsonal abnormality so we're holding off until we get the results through. Really really want aother baba.

Hi
Basically, we are waiting until I graduate from my degree in July and we want to be financially stable. Also I wouldn't mind getting married first but I don't think that is going to happen before TTC because the wedding I want will cost a fortune, and I we both want to be parents and are more impatient about that than getting married for now. I feel as long as you are in a loving relationship, it doesn't matter whether you are married or not.
Also ive been quite ill this year with various things and I want to make sure I'm 100% recovered before bringing a baby into the world under my care.
Charlotte.xxx

We're waiting until we have a bit more money, and until my lil man is old enough to get excited about a little sister/brother. We feel like we'd be cheating him if we didn't give him at least a couple years of being an only-child.

I know the next baby(ies) won't have the same opportunity, but we're just fine being the 3 of us (for now of course LOL).

Who knows, if the stork makes a surprise visit, we wouldn't be disappointed at all ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->