What are my chances?

hola47

Reaction score
Hi, we are in our first cycle TTC #1! I got my positive OPK yesterday at 4pm, and never got a chance to DTD until this AM. I want to do it again tomorrow just to be safe. We weren't able to get any BD'ing in before today unfortunately.

Tell me what my chances are. Pretty minimal since we got such a late start? I had such high hopes for this cycle, but I am feeling like it is a bust already.

And so begins the 2ww

u normally ovulate 24-48hrs after ur first pos opk im sure so u stil have a good chance. you should try temps aswell as tht will tell you more accurately when you actually ovulate

I think your timing is good. You should ovulate 12-36 hours or so after your positive OPK and DTD the day before O gives you the best shot. Sooooo, you probably will O later today or early tomorrow and you will have DTD just before O. Perfect :thumbsup:
I have to remind myself all the time that it just takes once. We get concerned with having sex so many times around ovulation but imagine how freaked out you would have been if you did it just once when you were ovulating and not TTC :haha:

thank you both! I ended up getting a blazing positive today, more so then yesterdays (test line was as dark as the control, and i didnt get to do the opportunity to do another one so i thought i missed my true positive), so i am pleased with the timing. We will add in tomorrow morning again and Tuesday if we can.

@mummyyshearer i would like to do charting but I am a shift worker and I dont have a consistent wake up time and I've heard that can make charting difficult/inaccurate temps? I will give us a few cycles of trying first, and if no success, add in charting then too.

@slg76 thank you for the reassurance. that is so true, it literally only takes one time. i will try to remind myself of that going forward. And yes! I would have totally freaked out if we weren't TTC and we did it once when we were ovulating. It feels so weird, having tried to avoid getting pregnant for 10 years, to actually TRYING now. I feel so confused!

Good luck! Remember an OPK isn't positive until the test line is as dark as the control :)

We get concerned with having sex so many times around ovulation but imagine how freaked out you would have been if you did it just once when you were ovulating and not TTC :haha:

That's a really good point that I never thought about before....I remember when I was on BC and we had sex around ovulation time once. I was on antibiotics so we freaked out and went and got plan B the next day.

Now if we only have sex once, even twice around O I think I'm out!

Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->