What are some names you dislike?

I hate really common names such as Sophie, Emma, Amy, Elizabeth, Emily, leanne, Laura etc
Also hate the names tia, Sabrina, Daniel, John, James, Katie
Also hate old fashioned names, the type of kids that are always named that after great grandma or something.
Don't like double barrelled, as the second name hardly ever gets used so what's the point in adding it to the first name.
Also don't like Alfie for a boy, it's so popular now! And ruby for a girl remind me of my NANs dog!

And i hate even more people bringing old farty names back & everyone loving them, like Harry...that's a mans name, not a little cute baby :/
I'm confused. You intend for your children to survive into adulthood, right?

Im sorry but why have you singled out one person and made a sarcastic remark about her comment? shes entitled to her own opinion.

If you take offense easily which im assuming you have, then maybe you shouldnt open threads like this if your easily offended?

Im sorry but why have you singled out one person and made a sarcastic remark about her comment? shes entitled to her own opinion.

If you take offense easily which im assuming you have, then maybe you shouldnt open threads like this if your easily offended?

I just read that as she meant you're an adult a lot longer than you are a cute baby :shrug:

I just read that as she meant you're an adult a lot longer than you are a cute baby :shrug:

Thats how I read it to. Cant stay cute baby forever, sadly.

There are so many names I hate!
Aiden/kayden/jayden, jace, nevaeh (worst name ever!), Connor, Layla, Ayla, Bella, Sophie or Sophia, Ellie or Ella, Josiah, Isaiah, biblical etc, and Jackson, Jaxon, Xander Ect.

These children are gong to grow up to be adults, you know haha.

There are so many names I hate!
Aiden/kayden/jayden, jace, nevaeh (worst name ever!), Connor, Layla, Ayla, Bella, Sophie or Sophia, Ellie or Ella, Josiah, Isaiah, biblical etc, and Jackson, Jaxon, Xander Ect.

These children are gong to grow up to be adults, you know haha.

Even though my son's called Connor, I do find myself wondering if it'll suit him any older than like 15 :haha: I hope so!

I have the issue around names that suit kids but I think will not be so useable as an adult such as poppy, molly type names.

Thats how I read it to. Cant stay cute baby forever, sadly.

:rofl: :blush: I totally get that now! :haha: sorry to the poster who wrote that i totally got it wrong

Haha Wriggley, made me laugh that you saw the funny side. Easily done when it is text and I love that you apologised too x

I meant it to be pointed but playful. Of course everyone is entitled to her (or his) opinion, and I never tell people that I don't like their choice in names unless they specifically ask for my feedback, because my philosophy is, "Your baby, your choice." It's pretty clear that what appeals to people in names varies wildly from person to person, so I'm never offended or irritated when someone doesn't have similar tastes to my own. I have three nieces and three nephews, only one of whom has a name that I really like. Two of them have names that I could give or take, three of them have names that I either actively dislike or I dislike how their parents spelled them. And I have never said anything to any of their parents, because it's really none of my business.

That said, "cute little babies" are meant to one day be adults, so I think it's a good idea to give them names that will sound good on adults. That's the point I was trying to make.

FWIW, I agree with the poster in that I don't like "Harry" either, but only because it sounds like "Hairy." That could be really unfortunate if I ever have a son with similar body hair to his father... :blush: If I were going to use it, I would use "Harrison," but it's never been on my list. Old-fashioned names I can give or take. Some of them I'm not fond of, but it's not like the current generation has fared any better with its plague of Hayden-Jayden-Kayden-Aidans, and I think that if fresh ideas are needed, reviving older names that have fallen out of style is a valid option.

My youngest sister is called Layla, she is 15, and until recently she was a minority lol! but now her name is everywhere, she recently told me she hated her name now, because all the "chavy" babies are called Layla.... lmao her words not mine. I did have a good laugh at her expense though haha. I do still like it but i suppose you get used to it don't you.. i don't think people should be offended at all, i have a nephew called Riley, when i was informed of this i told my dad "but you call a dog Riley" however now he is about ten and of course you don't dislike a person because of their name haha.

I meant it to be pointed but playful. Of course everyone is entitled to her (or his) opinion, and I never tell people that I don't like their choice in names unless they specifically ask for my feedback, because my philosophy is, "Your baby, your choice." It's pretty clear that what appeals to people in names varies wildly from person to person, so I'm never offended or irritated when someone doesn't have similar tastes to my own. I have three nieces and three nephews, only one of whom has a name that I really like. Two of them have names that I could give or take, three of them have names that I either actively dislike or I dislike how their parents spelled them. And I have never said anything to any of their parents, because it's really none of my business.

That said, "cute little babies" are meant to one day be adults, so I think it's a good idea to give them names that will sound good on adults. That's the point I was trying to make.

FWIW, I agree with the poster in that I don't like "Harry" either, but only because it sounds like "Hairy." That could be really unfortunate if I ever have a son with similar body hair to his father... :blush: If I were going to use it, I would use "Harrison," but it's never been on my list. Old-fashioned names I can give or take. Some of them I'm not fond of, but it's not like the current generation has fared any better with its plague of Hayden-Jayden-Kayden-Aidans, and I think that if fresh ideas are needed, reviving older names that have fallen out of style is a valid option.

It's not all to do with it just being a mans name i don't like the name Harry in whatever context - i was simply adding MY opinion like you & everyone else who has commented on this thread...there are names here of my children & i've not bothered. The main point to the post was 'i don't like old farty names' as in old mans names like Herbert, Harry, Clive etc :wacko:

That is all

ChubbyCheeks said:
i was simply adding MY opinion like you & everyone else who has commented on this thread
Why does everyone keep on saying this? You gave your opinion and I commented on it. It wasn't a big deal. Nobody is denying that that was your opinion or denying that you are welcome to express your opinion.

The main point to the post was 'i don't like old farty names' as in old mans names like Herbert, Harry, Clive etc :wacko:

That is all
Yes, I heard that. It was the part where you said that you didn't like it because it is a man's name, not a cute little baby's name, that left me scratching my head. Ideally they will turn into men eventually, so that struck me as an odd reason to dislike a name.

If what you meant is "because it is an old man's name," well, that's a little different.

That is all.

ChubbyCheeks said:
i was simply adding MY opinion like you & everyone else who has commented on this thread
Why does everyone keep on saying this? You gave your opinion and I commented on it. It wasn't a big deal. Nobody is denying that that was your opinion or denying that you are welcome to express your opinion.

The main point to the post was 'i don't like old farty names' as in old mans names like Herbert, Harry, Clive etc :wacko:

That is all
Yes, I heard that. It was the part where you said that you didn't like it because it is a man's name, not a cute little baby's name, that left me scratching my head. Ideally they will turn into men eventually, so that struck me as an odd reason to dislike a name.

If what you meant is "because it is an old man's name," well, that's a little different.

That is all.

To be fair, just as cute babies grow in to men, men grow in to older men too?? Speaking of older men's names though, I saw on here a while back that some people were raving about the name Percy. Now that is an older fashioned name but like Quinn/Quim, it has connotations doesn't it? I wondered why anyone would call a child Percy. It would be like calling him Johnson. Old man names I can take, willy and vagina names NO!!! hehehehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->