What are some names you dislike?

I don't like any of the ones that sound made up either, but in the last 5/6 years they have been a bit of a craze haven't they ... Daegan, Kayden, Hayden, Jayden, (just a few example) I also don't Like Beau for about a year i was reading that as berrrugh (like the noise u make when u are sick) then i found out it means Bow, it is a bit too celebrity for me that one, like apple.
Also when people try too hard to give their child a middle name for no reason... OR when they want them to have an uber long traditional name and they end up being called Doris Iris matilda smith.

Lol this really made me laugh. My daughter is called Isabelle Rose Iris Smith. So traditional and long but all the names have a great meaning to me.& i wanted Beau if i had a boy lol.
I must be your worst nightmare!x

I don't like any of the ones that sound made up either, but in the last 5/6 years they have been a bit of a craze haven't they ... Daegan, Kayden, Hayden, Jayden, (just a few example) I also don't Like Beau for about a year i was reading that as berrrugh (like the noise u make when u are sick) then i found out it means Bow, it is a bit too celebrity for me that one, like apple.
Also when people try too hard to give their child a middle name for no reason... OR when they want them to have an uber long traditional name and they end up being called Doris Iris matilda smith.

Lol this really made me laugh. My daughter is called Isabelle Rose Iris Smith. So traditional and long but all the names have a great meaning to me.& i wanted Beau if i had a boy lol.
I must be your worst nightmare!x

I cant stand names like Ruby and Ava and i also dont like georgina or elizibeth

Also Daisy - its cutsey for a baby/toddler but when your a middle aged woman called Daisy - Just NO!

As for boys names i cant stand shortened names like CJ and TJ or names that sound like surnames

also dont particually like long long names - I like NAME - MIDDLE NAME - SURNAME

not NAME - MIDDLE NAME - MIDDLE NAME - MIDDLE NAME - MIDDLE NAME - SURNAME DOUBLE BARRELLED WITH ANOTHER SURNAME

Haha this thread is fab!

It's so interesting how everyone is different. My name is Amy which I really like (although doesn't seem too popular in here!), I was born in 1983 and have never been one of many in a class either.

My oldest daughter is Grace which, although is getting very popular and was in the top 5 the year she was born (I didn't know any before this!) she is the only one in her school! My youngest is Lucy which was number 21 the year she was born I believe but there are a couple of others in her nursery (albeit different ages). You can just never tell, what's popular nationally isn't always popular in your area and vice versa.

I don't like really modern, trendy names, made up names, names spelt differently and sorry to add to the -ayden ones but I dislike these too!

I am a bit boring with my name choices, I love all the traditional ones which can be hard as these seem quite popular at the minute (Jack, Harry, Oliver, Thomas etc etc).

Omg. *flail* I have the same "-aden" rant, lol. OH is tired of hearing it now. I actually LIKE those names but I have come to dislike them because they are way over-used. I really like Aiden, Jayden, and Hayden. Not as big on Braeden, Kaden, Zaden. But I would never choose one and I cringe when I hear another one.

But its the same how I feel about any common name, doesn't matter what it is.

The other names I don't really like the sound of for whatever reason are Malcolm and Noel (like "Nole"). I have no idea why, I've just never liked those names, and I'm sorry if that's your LO's name anyone, lol. I feel so mean haha.

And girls names like Trinity, Chastity, etc... you know what I mean I'm sure. I just... aghh...

And very cutesy names or names that only fit as a child... like I think Molly is ADORABLE for a little girl but once she hits adulthood... I don't know! Same with Chloe/Zoe type names... I think they are insanely cute but if my lawyer was called Zoe, I would probably not feel as confident as if she were called.. I don't know.. Anne, lol. Which I know is name prejudice! But I think that should be a consideration... like "Is this a name he/she can grow into??"

I also used to feel the same about very adult sounding names like Bruce or Dennis. I couldn't look at a newborn baby and say "omg, he's a Dennis for sure!" lol. But at least its better than being a 40 year old named Lulu. :[

Also - Kai isn't made up. =) It's... Greek I believe as well as a few other cultures if I remember correctly. Mostly the made-up names are classified as "American" on the baby name sites. That's a good way to tell if its just something someone made up that took off in popularity. xD

Ok name rant over. I hope no one hates me now, lol.

Also Amy_T, your girls have gorgeous names!! :flower: If we were having a girl, we settled on Natalia Grace but we also had Lucia/Lucy on our list.

I love traditional names too, but they are so common. I really like Harrison but I keep seeing it all the time now. Same with Jack. And I'm really in love with the name Oliver and was 100% convinced I would name my child that after reading the first Harry Potter book... 15 years ago or whenever it came out LOL. But now it's so common and I've just met three Olivers age 5 and under in the past few months!

So I'm at a loss. Suddenly all the names I loved before are popping up. I guess I am ahead of my time. :wacko: :haha:

I hate weird spellings for perfectly normal names, like "Jaymes" for "James." I have a nephew named "Robb" and a niece named "Rosealine," and I don't see why the parents couldn't have simply named them "Rob" and "Rosaline." I'm perfectly fine with exotic and unusual names, I just think they should follow established spellings. You are setting up your kid for a lifetime of painful corrections when you spell names wrong.

I hate patriarchal conventions such as naming the firstborn son after the father or not giving a baby girl any middle name at all because "her maiden name can be her middle name when she gets married."

I hate seeing "Ann/Anne" (and variations thereof) and "Marie" as middle names for girls. A lot of people choose these names because they sound good rhythmically and don't put a lot of thought into middle names for their daughters.

I don't like seeing children named with diminutive forms of names when there is a longer version available. For example, I don't like seeing girls named "Katie;" it should be "Katherine" or "Katelyn." It should be "James" not "Jimmy" (though I feel that I see this more in girls than in boys).

Stop and think: does the name still sound good with the words "Doctor" or "Honorable Judge" in front of it? No? Then it's probably not a good name.

I'm not fond of Imogen, Neveah, Isla, that weird name that's pronounced "neve", Harper, Harlow, Poppy, Nora, Logan, Spencer, Aaliyah... For boys Harvey, Alistair, Calvin, Jeremiah... I'm picky I suppose.

Niamh is gaelic.

I'm not fond of Imogen, Neveah, Isla, that weird name that's pronounced "neve", Harper, Harlow, Poppy, Nora, Logan, Spencer, Aaliyah... For boys Harvey, Alistair, Calvin, Jeremiah... I'm picky I suppose.

Niamh is gaelic.

Yeah, it's not 'weird' for anyone who's scottish or irish!

I'm not fond of the name Lance, because it makes me think of having a boil lanced. If a name makes me think of pus, that is bad.

I also don't care for Blanche. I just always hear it in my mind being yelled by an aging New Yorker, "Blaaaaaanche! Get ovah heah!"

I don't like Gregory, Connor or any 'Mc' names, Mckenzie etc. Very modern names in general aren't my cup of tea.

Also not a fan of the name Jayden, Aiden, Hayden, etc as well as Connor, Kallum, Callum, Harold, Arnold, Harry. Really don't like unisex names like Jordan, Tyla, Taylor, Jamie, Tayla, Morgan, etc.
For girls I really dislike the name Bella - that should be the name of a kitten or cute puppy, not a child.
I dislike the name Amy - I literally know about 10 Amy's!! Its ridiculous!

I also don't enjoy the name Katie. There are so many of them around.

I really hate the name Rory. I just think of lions :haha: Plus for some reason I find it difficult to pronounce!

Agree with the jayden kayden caleb
I dislike kirsty reminds me of custard creams
I also hate albert reminds me of the piercing a male has down below!

I don't like names that are far too common..the kind that everyone seems to call their baby!

And i hate even more people bringing old farty names back & everyone loving them, like Harry...that's a mans name, not a little cute baby :/

The worst has to be ned/chav names...Chantelle!! Britney..

And i hate even more people bringing old farty names back & everyone loving them, like Harry...that's a mans name, not a little cute baby :/
I'm confused. You intend for your children to survive into adulthood, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->