What are some names you dislike?

Discussion in 'Baby Names' started by samanthaaa, Apr 10, 2011.

1. sweetmere

sweetmere Well-Known Member

I've *always* disliked names like Chastity, Hope, Faith, Destiny...etc. I don't know why, lol.

2. Juno86

Juno86 Member

I totally agree with you. I got in trouble with someone because I'm not crazy about the name "Alice" due to a rocky relationship with my step-mother. Everyone has name preferences and it is not in any way meant to slam the people with that name, or those who named those people.

I also love traditional names! I can't stand the names that sound as though the parents grabbed random syllables out of a hat! That poor child would be spelling that name for life. Also girls' names that end in "sha" sounds. Not super pleasant to me. At the end of the day, I always judge a person based on his/her personality and behavior, on who they are, rather than their name. As the bard wrote, "What's in a name?".

3. MrsKTB

MrsKTB Mummy to Henry

I hate the name Viola!

At soft lay last week a little girl named Viola pushed my boy over..... thats not why I hate the name, but it certainly adds to it.

4. Rhi_Rhi1

Rhi_Rhi1 Well-Known Member

woahh old thread :p lol

5. PixieM

PixieM Well-Known Member

I hate the name sophie , sarah, claire , sam but then they were bitches in school and it just stuck haha

6. Bevziibubble

Bevziibubble Well-Known Member

I don't like the name Morag or Norma

7. Midnight_Fairy

Midnight_Fairy New baby J

I just seached the thread for a name we like and its not here LOL.

8. dizz

dizz Guest

From working with kids I have various grey hairs named in honour of various Thomases over the years!

9. peanut56

peanut56 Mom to Hana & pregnant!

I just don't like when people drastically change the spelling of names to make them more unique, or prettier, or whatever. Ex. changing Madison to Madysyn.
    A pet peeve of mine is the name Jaxson. It's a really nice name and I like it a lot, but I really don't like that spelling. If you have the 'X', you don't need the 'S', know what I mean? So it should be Jaxon. But like I said, I really like the name itself.

10. Bartness

Bartness 1st time mommy to Jaxon.

I gotta agree on the spelling of Jaxon....and obviousy I really like the name too...

11. AdriansMama

AdriansMama Mama to 3 gorgeous boys!

alot of people hate my sons name lol but we love it and he loves it too his name is adrian blake ... jaxon james is the name we have chosen if this baby is a boy and evelyn brooke if its a girl ...im sure there are lot of people who dont like them either :p

12. Bartness

Bartness 1st time mommy to Jaxon.

I like Jaxon James, and I also like Adrian Blake.

13. BethHx

BethHx expecting #2

Im not a fan of Lexi, Lacey, Brooke. Geniveve(can't spell it)

Really dislike the Jayden, Kayden, any 'en' names.
    Mckenzie and Landon and Riley i really dislike!

I could continue this list forever lol. I prefer more traditional, old fashioned names x

14. Erinsmummy

Erinsmummy pregnant with no3

I cannot stand the name piper!!! I don't like boys names that sound like they r made up, girls can usually get away with it but I don't think Boys can. I hate the name Cody! Not many other names I really don't like though! I love traditional names. Bugs me when people try so hard to find a name that no1 else will have that it just sounds daft! :)

15. nov_mum

nov_mum Well-Known Member

After working in the prison system I can tell you that Jason's are totally over represented in there. I see Quinn is increasing in popularity, especially for girls but I always read it as Quim when hand written. I am not fond of names that are long and complex and I think you can get away with less known names if they are one or two syllables.

16. lizmageeful

lizmageeful Guest

I find myself gravitating towards less traditional names for boys and older names for girls! I hate most of the traditional names for boys because they are SO overused. I like names that arnt totally popular but not totally out there, like Mckenzie for a boy. But for girls i've been finding myself going to WAY older names, like Trinity and Gwendolynn. I feel like newer girls names are just named after fruit or weird spelling on older names, which bothers me.

17. Rhi_Rhi1

Rhi_Rhi1 Well-Known Member

I don't like any of the ones that sound made up either, but in the last 5/6 years they have been a bit of a craze haven't they ... Daegan, Kayden, Hayden, Jayden, (just a few example) I also don't Like Beau for about a year i was reading that as berrrugh (like the noise u make when u are sick) then i found out it means Bow, it is a bit too celebrity for me that one, like apple.
    Also when people try too hard to give their child a middle name for no reason... OR when they want them to have an uber long traditional name and they end up being called Doris Iris matilda smith.

18. Midnight_Fairy

Midnight_Fairy New baby J

Beau is the french for beautiful. I wouldnt class it with some faddy names really because its not made up as such. x

19. Phantom

Phantom Mommy

I'm not fond of Imogen, Neveah, Isla, that weird name that's pronounced "neve", Harper, Harlow, Poppy, Nora, Logan, Spencer, Aaliyah... For boys Harvey, Alistair, Calvin, Jeremiah... I'm picky I suppose.

20. isil

isil Well-Known Member

So many of these things are dependent on where you're from, it's interesting reading through stuff :)

I honestly don't think there are any names I don't like. I feel like I wouldn't use some because they're over used now. Like Ella or Kai.