What are symptoms of implantation? If any...

stickylizard

Reaction score
Hi all...

According to my tracker, I ovulated on 10th - but I have only had my periods back since December (my baby just turned 1 and is breastfed) so this may be slightly off. I have had one 32 day cycle and one 28 day cycle and now this one. I am feeling period type lower back aches and cramping, more so on the left hand side. How soon does the egg implant if you catch it? Or, can this be ovulation pain? I have only ever experienced ovulation pain as a slight twinge a couple of times, never hours and hours of cramps? Been achy all day. I don't track temp. I did have EWCM on 9th (we dtd literally at midnight of the 9th/10th) and still a touch of it today...

Thanks in advance!

Not sure...some people feel crampy, some people have temp dips. I think the best thing is to keep tracking your cm and test...have you tried OPKs?

After ovulation, a fertilised egg takes around 5-12 days to travel from the fallopian tubes to the uterus to implant. It can happen between 3-16 days but it's very rare to happen outside of the 5-12 time frame xx I would say what you are feeling is most likely ovulation pains as this can happen before, during or after O had actually occurred. Good luck to you and Fx'd you caught that eggy :hugs:

Yes I am suspecting O pain as well... Still having ewcm today so may try getting hubby into bed again later hehe, maybe I'm still fertile! Thanks for your help - never tried the opk because they're so expensive! I did look on Amazon last night but by the time they arrive I'll be well into luteal so maybe next cycle I will get some. I am not sure exactly how they work? Do they just give you a line if you are ovulating or are about to etc?

Yes I am suspecting O pain as well... Still having ewcm today so may try getting hubby into bed again later hehe, maybe I'm still fertile! Thanks for your help - never tried the opk because they're so expensive! I did look on Amazon last night but by the time they arrive I'll be well into luteal so maybe next cycle I will get some. I am not sure exactly how they work? Do they just give you a line if you are ovulating or are about to etc?

I say definitely BD ;) Ewcm is a good sign xx Honestly, I would say stuff the OPK's. I was considering but they're a lot of work and catching the surge takes a while to perfect. Basically we all have some form of LH in our systems at all times of our cycle. What OPKS do is detect the surge which indicates O will happen around 12-24 hours later. A lot of the time you will always have line but what you're looking for is both line to be the same darkness. A lot of women find they have to test two or three times per day to catch the surge but even if you BD after a positive OPK, the chance of conception is only around 20% per cycle and that's it's everything is done correctly, at the right times.
I honestly would suggest buying yourself a basal body thermometer and downloading the app called Fertility Friend. Continue to watch your cm changes and put that into the app. Then every morning before you get up out of bed, after at least 3 hours of solid sleep (preferably at the same time each day but as long as you've had 3 hours of solid sleep), take your temp and put it into FF and it will do the rest. Basal body tracking can't tell you when you're about to ovulate but it does confirm that it has happened. Before ovulation you're temps will be low and then you will get a big dip on the day of O and it will spike up the next day and continue to sit high, this is how FF confirms O. After three days of elevated temps, you will get cross hairs that show you when you ovulated. After a few cycles of doing this you will usually be able to predict the day you O judging by the temp you have the morning of O.
My hubby's appetite is insatiable ;) So we BD almost every night, sometimes twice a day if he's lucky, lol. As long as you're having plenty of BD, you're covering yourself xx They say every second day until O has been confirmed is a good amount. Sperm can live from 3-5 days inside you if the environment is sustainable (ewcm), sometimes even up to 7.
I think that's everything. A lot of information there, most of which you probably already know, so sorry about that. I'm just deeply facianated with conception and pregnancy and how amazing our bodies are xx Best of luck to you in your journey :hugs:

That's brilliant thanks so much for the info! Very valuable! I have an app called Ovia - what is a crosshair? How is a basal thermometer different from a standard one? I have an in ear one? 3 hours of solid sleep is hard! I have a one yr old who doesn't sleep through... This is all so interesting. If you don't ovulate what happens with your temperature? Xx

That's brilliant thanks so much for the info! Very valuable! I have an app called Ovia - what is a crosshair? How is a basal thermometer different from a standard one? I have an in ear one? 3 hours of solid sleep is hard! I have a one yr old who doesn't sleep through... This is all so interesting. If you don't ovulate what happens with your temperature? Xx

The crosshairs are two red lines that will show up (basically just a big cross) and in the centre will be the day you ovulate. I always recommend FF as its the only fertility app of its kind. A basal body thermometer measures temps with 2 decimal places, where as majority of thermometers only measure one. I understand about the sleep, lol. My son is 18 months and he still doesn't sleep though. I'm still bfing and we co sleep as well so I take my temp at 4 in the morning as I find he will have a little feed to get back to sleep between him going to bed and midnight and will sleep through from then. Hubby Wales up at 4 for work anyway, so I just take it then xx If you don't ovulate your temps will be very erratic and will have no pattern and FF won't be able to identify O for you. Google basal body temperature charts and it will show you what ovulating charts will look like xxx I wasn't ovulating the whole time we were TTC our son (just under three years). I temped in this time and never saw O and took a years worth of my charts into my GP and she confirmed I wasn't ovulating. Now I'm TTC#2 and I can definitely see a difference in my charts now do then.

You're a well of knowledge! Thanks ever so :] we dtd tonight and TMI it was goooood haha (better chance of conceiving with good sex?!) and my app said it wanted to change my fertile window by one day because of the symptoms I inputted sooooo it still says af due 24th? Only 11 days?

You're a well of knowledge! Thanks ever so :] we dtd tonight and TMI it was goooood haha (better chance of conceiving with good sex?!) and my app said it wanted to change my fertile window by one day because of the symptoms I inputted sooooo it still says af due 24th? Only 11 days?

Haha, thank you but I'm not really. Just been doing this a long time, lol. Good sex always makes it better ;) Ironically my son was conceived with really terrible sex. Hubby was drunk as, we'd just had a fight and he was refusing to give up so I took my clothes off :hehe:
Odd that it wanted to change your fertile window... I would honestly start temping love. It will show you exactly what's going on and takes a lot of the stress out xx But the again I'm a control freak who like to have everything in order and plain in front of her.

I will wait for AF then order a basal thermometer and opk. Thanks for your help :flower: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->