What are the chances of a +hpt and -Bpt

tofuzombie

Reaction score
I got bloodwork a few weeks ago- since my period was late- which came back negative.

A week and a half later, I still hadn't gotten my period so I went out on a limb and tested with FRER and came back positive, the second test in the pack too came positive the next morning. (not faint but lighter than the control line)

I made an apt with my doctor and the nurse on the phone seemed very skeptical about my results.

Anyway, I got blood tests done today and my brain is going crazy convincing me that the tests were wrong or something and that I'm going to get more negative results.

What are the chances that the FRER just picked up on some minimal HCG and all this cramping and peeing and nausea is all in my head!?

Does anyone else get freaked about bloodwork results??? :wacko:

Depends on when you actually O'ed. You may have O'ed quite late this cycle for whatever reason and are only actually expecting your period around now. It's hard to tell unless you've been tracking your cycle, specifically BBT. If not, your hcg would be rising veeery slowly and there'd be a good risk of a sad outcome.

I really hope it's the former for you. :hugs:

(and yes, my doc seemed 'skeptical' to me when I told him I had a positive pregnancy test, and mine was 'on schedule'. :wacko: )

Thanks! I had a really odd cycle so I haven't gotten my period in a monthish.

When I got my BFP I had a blood test the same day and my hcg was only 15. The nurse said I would need to get redrawn in a week. Depending on the office they like to see a certain level before they consider you pregnant. Technically I think it's 5 but from what I know (read online) some offices like to see 25 or even 50.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. With one of my dd's I was getting extremely faint positives from 8 dpo. I started spotting on 11 dpo so went in for betas. My hcg was 11 on 11dpo. They said I was likely having a chemical miscarriage but at 13 dpo it was 144. Everything was fine.

I definitely think if it's showing on a home test it will show on a blood test. When you got your first blood test what was your exact level? Was it 0 or just less than 5? It could have been very low still and they considered it negative even though it had just begun to rise, or maybe baby implanted later and just needed the extra time to show.

Sounds like your blood test was done too early x

This. If you see a pink line now that isn't faint, the blood test will be positive :thumbup:.

:happydance: hooray! This really puts my mind at ease. Last time they called right away with results. This time i think they're waiting until my first appointment to discuss it. I think if anything was wrong theyd call. Just a worrier.

Can't you call them? Don't see why you should sit around waiting and worrying. It'd only take a minute of their time to tell you your results - they've obviously got them available if they rang you with them last time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->