What are the chances of getting pregnant whilst on the pill ?

Hobnob

Mummy to a girl, TTC #2
Reaction score
So this month I've been really ill. I forgot 2 of my pills on 8th and 9th July then had sex on 19th July but got tonsillitis and kept throwing up on 21st and 22nd July, forgetting to take my pill on 22nd. I've taken the rest of the pills in the pack on time and am due to finish the pack on Tues this week. Today I've had stomach cramps, felt sick and my skin has flared up like it did when when I conceived DD. AF would be due on Fri or Sat this week, I know I could test but feel it might be too early yet. Anyone else ever been in this predicament ?

Were you also put on antibiotics for your tonsillitis?

Were you also put on antibiotics for your tonsillitis?

Oops, yes! I forgot to mention that but I only took 3 tablets out of the pack because I discovered they were making me throw up.

Normally the chance of getting pregnant on the pill is very slim, but forgetting pills increases the chance. Add to that the fact that you were taking antibiotics and it's increased even more. That is my understanding anyhow.

I, too, missed some pills this month. I got a very light "period" early, I suppose from missing the pills, but nine days later it's still happening! We had unprotected sex a few times, so now I'm trying to figure out what's going on!

I was on the pill for a year. Forgot to take it quite a few times. Never got pregnant. Chances are slim.

The chances are slim, but there is still a chance. Missing even one pill can result in a pregnancy sometimes. I've been on the pill for 5 years & took it at the same time every day & never missed a pill. I've never been pregnant.

The only antibiotics which affect the pill are ones taken for tuberculosis and meningitis.
https://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/contraception-guide/Pages/antibiotics-contraception.aspx

Missing pills makes it possible to get pregnant though. I'd test now and every week after for two weeks unless you get a withdrawal bleed x

I was on BCP in 2009 and now I am planning DD1s 5th birthday party lol.

however I've been on it again since having DD2 in August 2013, and haven't had any surprise bfps yet ;) although I've given up on them now coz I've started working nights and keep forgetting to take them anyway lol!

Good luck and hope you get the answer you're hoping for x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->