What are things that you do now, that you didn't before TTC

I ve done the opposite I was stressed for months and months- monitoring every little twinge etc etc and I was starting to go insane now Ive just chilled out it. Were heading towards IVF and I think since something is now potentially happening Ive just relaxed about it more. I think I was becoming completley obsessed. Not to say I dont think about it all everyday but I not getting worked up about it.

Yes...u r all nut jobs....I, however am perfectly sane....even as I pee on 4 consecutive sticks as I convince myself that the first 3 must be invalid...

I think that the better question here is: What DON'T I do now that I'm TTC? :mrgreen:

1.Take my temp every single morning at 615am [even on weekends]
2.Play with all of the CM that I find in my panties and after using the bathroom
3.Obsessively over analyze psychosamatic pregnancy symptoms
4.Test every single day [sometimes 2x daily] starting at 8DPO
5.Feel an unnatural surge of jealousy when friends tell me they got pregnant accidentally
6.Pretend to have lost invites to baby showers and kids birthday parties
7.Spend upwards of $100 monthly on OPKs and HPTs
8.Stare at HPTs until my eyes cross and I "see a line"
9.Hold HPTs at every imaginable angle and up to different forms of light to investigate
10.Completely cut sugar and caffeine out of my diet from CD15-AF [just in case]
11.Pay for a full membership at Fertilityfriend.com every 3 months
10.Cry when AF shows up. Every. Single. Time.

These are just a few of the things I do now :mrgreen: that I didn't do before

Heres a crazy one....

Move the lucky bamboo plant that lives at my front door into the bedroom during O time. Hoping to make it 'lucky' :sex:

Hows that for an effing nutjob??

I have been following this thread with much interest and I'm absolutely fascinated by all of your comments. Like you I've wanted a baby for years but never had the patience or knowledge for that matter to do all this temping, charting, POAS-ing so I'm in awe of your focus and dedication. Some of it was caused by the lack of periods for years and years (almost 7 in total) so there was nothing as such to chart. But at the same time I do worry that I'm not quite like other women because I've been pretty much clueless for the last God knows how long. Should I admit that I've only ever taken 3 HPTs in my life (two of which were in the last two weeks?) :blush: :blush: I have NEVER POAS.

In fairness though I can say that when I managed to regulate my cycles a year ago I was more aware of the changes throughout the month i.e. EWCM (yeah I know what that is now! :winkwink:) that hot restless night when I got tangled up in the sheets (I assume that was my temperature rising) and that strange pain half way through my cycle together with an increased libido. (ovulation?) :dohh:

Perhaps some of you feel that maybe you're a little on the obsessive side but at least you aren't clueless and ignorant like me!

Ruth - to be honest I reckon ignorance is bliss:flower:

I think that the better question here is: What DON'T I do now that I'm TTC? :mrgreen:

1.Take my temp every single morning at 615am [even on weekends]
2.Play with all of the CM that I find in my panties and after using the bathroom
3.Obsessively over analyze psychosamatic pregnancy symptoms
4.Test every single day [sometimes 2x daily] starting at 8DPO
5.Feel an unnatural surge of jealousy when friends tell me they got pregnant accidentally
6.Pretend to have lost invites to baby showers and kids birthday parties
7.Spend upwards of $100 monthly on OPKs and HPTs
8.Stare at HPTs until my eyes cross and I "see a line"
9.Hold HPTs at every imaginable angle and up to different forms of light to investigate
10.Completely cut sugar and caffeine out of my diet from CD15-AF [just in case]
11.Pay for a full membership at Fertilityfriend.com every 3 months
10.Cry when AF shows up. Every. Single. Time.

These are just a few of the things I do now :mrgreen: that I didn't do before

Oh sweetie you sound like your in the thick of it, how long have you been trying? I hope it happens for you soon.

I think although we laugh and cry about it on here and that is great, it is a shame that for many of us we can only show how we feel here, maybe if we could be honest everywhere without judgment, or pity, it would be less stressful. I know when I lost the first one I was amazed at how many women told me they had had MC previously, yet if they had talked openly about them before it wouldn´t have been such a shock to me, nor would I have felt so alone when it happened. It is hard not to react badly to other peoples pregnancies or avoid babies, but be kind to yourselves and think one day it will be you causing jealousy when the world sees you with your perfect new bubs too. Baby dust everyone!

lol i'm laughing at the one about not buying new clothes cuz we'll have a belly soon.
i've been talking myself out of buying new clothes like this for months. OR they have to be loose enough to accommodate a tummy. ugh!

i'll add: considering un-friending friends on facebook who announce they are pregnant (just this morning this happened :(

and hide the fact that i had a drink with the ladies after work from my DH in the tww.

I have bought a few maternity clothes, with the justification that I'm plus-size and they're so hard to find them in my size, so I better snap them up. :wacko:

I notice so many twinges and pains in my abdomen that I never knew I had! Ovulation pain--didn't know about it before!

I'm embarrassed to say that when I had EWCM in the past, I often mistook it as a precursor to infection. :blush:

I take a slew of massive prenatal pills and supplements each morning, gagging on each one.

I am careful to move and stretch while at my desk at work so that the blood keeps flowing nicely.

In a long and painful process, I knocked off drinking coffee. I LOVE coffee, I'm from Portland. Now I drink one mug of black tea every couple of days to stave off headaches.

lol i'm laughing at the one about not buying new clothes cuz we'll have a belly soon.
i've been talking myself out of buying new clothes like this for months. OR they have to be loose enough to accommodate a tummy. ugh!

i'll add: considering un-friending friends on facebook who announce they are pregnant (just this morning this happened :(

and hide the fact that i had a drink with the ladies after work from my DH in the tww.

I'll hide with you on having that drink, lol! I struggle between putting everything on hold and wondering "what if"...

I have one to add; I read online somewhere that if you put a wet OPK next to a wet HPT, it can make your HPT turn a false +...I started putting them next to each other just so I could see what a + HPT looks like, lol. Not to mention that sometimes I take an extra OPK or two, or five, just to see two lines on something! Lol. :haha:

I have bought a few maternity clothes, with the justification that I'm plus-size and they're so hard to find them in my size, so I better snap them up. :wacko:

I do exactly the same with exactly the same justification :hugs:

dachsundmom said:
I have one to add; I read online somewhere that if you put a wet OPK next to a wet HPT, it can make your HPT turn a false +...I started putting them next to each other just so I could see what a + HPT looks like, lol. Not to mention that sometimes I take an extra OPK or two, or five, just to see two lines on something! Lol. :haha:

Fantasizing about accidently peeing on a hpt thinking its an opk and having a positive.

I love each and every weird thing that everyone has posted.

...and anyone ever take an HPT on the day they get their AF even though you know that it's your AF but maybe just maybe it's implantation bleeding or maybe you are one of those women who will have period type bleeding even though you are pregnant?
Yeah, ummm me neither....:haha:

...and anyone ever take an HPT on the day they get their AF even though you know that it's your AF but maybe just maybe it's implantation bleeding or maybe you are one of those women who will have period type bleeding even though you are pregnant?

I've peed on countless hpts during AF. Once even on CD3!!! I guess I just wasnt disappointed enough that AF was there in full swing, I depressed myself even more by chucking an unnecessary BFN into the mix!!! stupid!!:dohh::dohh::dohh:

I've peed on countless hpts during AF. Once even on CD3!!! I guess I just wasnt disappointed enough that AF was there in full swing, I depressed myself even more by chucking an unnecessary BFN into the mix!!! stupid!!:dohh::dohh::dohh:

Stupid, maybe but who hasn´t done that, we are all a bit loco when it comes to poas and ttc. I even feel depressed seeing nothing on a opk, and I know that will come at some point every month, guess I´ve just learnt to hate the empty space where there should be a line.

I wonder if wearing stripy clothes might help bring about a BFP? I've got stripy undies, perhaps they can become my lucky undies!

I wonder if wearing stripy clothes might help bring about a BFP? I've got stripy undies, perhaps they can become my lucky undies!

Too funny! MAybe the trick is no undies at all?! LOL. Not to bring down the mood, but I was sitting here thinking about this morning and I realized that some of things I've done while TTC need to change...

I've DTD, more than once, when I really wasn't in the mood or when ovulation was so painful that the thought of it made me cringe, lol. But then I've figured if I don't do it now, I might blow the whole thing.

I forget that DH has feelings about this too and that I really need to listen to what he is saying, because it is his life too and would I love him any less we didn't have #2, absolutely not!

And sometimes I feel guilty that my 14yo DD isn't enough; my family is the most important thing to me and I need to always remember that!

Good luck to everyone! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->