What are you doing on Christmas day this year?

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
Anyone decided what they're doing on Christmas day this year yet??

We tend to do something different each year. We will be at home in the morning opening presents. Then in the afternoon we will be at my MIL's for Christmas Dinner and games :)

We will most likely be staying home again this year. We used to go to my mams every year but it was such a hassle getting there and she lives further away now walking wouldn’t be do able. The kids didn’t like leaving their toys so will do dinner for us at home and just have a really chilled out day. Harvey will probably go to his dad at some point in the afternoon.
We will go to my mams Boxing Day as the buses run then.

My two kids are down their dads Christmas eve this year, so they will be back with me at 12pm christmas day, christmas will start from 12pm, not ideal but it's hard work with being fair! So it will consist of opening presents, going to my mums for dinner , we play board games and have a few wines! Not sure how much of the wines I'll be doing this year with a newborn lol and we will probably stay there until the evening until we come home, new pjs on and the kids get to play with their toys and we normally pop on a movie! We have a pretty chilled christmas :)

Were at home this year and the mother in law is joining us for a few days.

We are staying home, we always do. We just let the kids stay in pjs all day. We always offer BIL and/Or SIL to come but they've yet to take us up on the offer.
DH usually cooks as well so I basically get to chill or put together toys

That's my kind of christmas lol as much as I love a Christmas dinner, I'd be more than happy with a Chinese

Haha I’d happily have both :oops:.

Not sure this year , we usually have presents in our house in the morning then over to in laws for dinner and snacks later on in the night !

I don’t know this year. The twins will be six weeks old so will see how we feel but they’ll be too many presents and lots of food !

We always stay at home. We have invited BIL and his partner as they usually go away over Christmas but staying here this year. Not sure if they'll come though and may go to DH Mum's.

We then go to my parents day after boxing day and it's like Christmas day x2.

We don't see many of DH family. He doesn't speak to his parents and although loads of siblings only one has kids and he doesn't really 'do' Christmas.

At home in the morning for Santa and and some playing, then we go to my parents. My sister and her kids come to my parents as well and we have a few gifts to open, then eat and sit around and talk while the kids play.

Last year we went to the In Laws Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, but this yr hubby and I have decided to go there Christmas Eve and stay home Christmas Day, then we can have a really chilled out day playing with new toys, watching movies and eating! Hubby is doing a ham in the smoker, looking forward to that

My husband changed jobs in June. He's a store manager now and his shop is open christmas day so he'll be working 10-4 I think. We'll be visiting family during the day then coming back home for dinner. We'll spend boxing day at home.

My husband changed jobs in June. He's a store manager now and his shop is open christmas day so he'll be working 10-4 I think. We'll be visiting family during the day then coming back home for dinner. We'll spend boxing day at home.

:-O I feel so bad for anyone working Christmas day. Surely no one needs a shop that badly (unless they forgot their batteries ha ha)

Oh golly what kind of store is open on xmas day ? I understand hotels and hospitals etc but shops ??? That is crazy

Oh wow @sequeena that sucks! Nothing around here is open Christmas Day that I'm aware of!

We made a "rule" a few years ago that we will always spend Christmas Day at home as a family. We had the in laws visit us 3 years ago and my mum came 2 years ago. Last year it was just the 4 of us. This year it'll be us 5 plus I think my mum will be coming over Christmas Eve and staying until Boxing Day.
We usually go to the in laws Boxing Day but they are hoping to go to NZ to stay with my brother in law, his wife and their 2 children for Christmas so it should be a really chilled out few days. I can't wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->