What are you doing to "encourage" labor/labour?

BayBeeEm

I Waited For You. :-)
Reaction score
So I still have just under 6 weeks until my little guy is due but I can't help but think of ways to ensure that he will come by (not after!) his due date. I am so ready to meet him and I would be glad to reclaim my body. :winkwink: I love the bonding time we've had but an eviction notice is due! What are you guys doing ... or if you've had your baby ... what did you do that worked?! Let the great advice roll!

I still have 7 weeks, so not trying to bring on labor, BUT to encourage her to come on time I am bouncing on my ball and walking a ton. Last time I drank like 3 cups of RLT each day and it seemed to help, just haven't had time to go to the whole foods store

So are when you say RLT, is it an actual tea bag or is it the capsules? A friend of mine had her baby yesterday at 38 weeks precisely and labored for 9 hours. I want to be sure to get the right kind. What kind are you using? Is it a medicine ball? How many weeks were you when you had your last baby? Thanks for the your feedback!

Im looking into starting EPO around 34-36 weeks.I've read great things about it online :)
my first came at 38+6 soI I imagine ill go early, but I also feel like because that's what im expecting...ill be over due lol

Hi, quick question...what is EPO? Sorry if I'm being really silly.
Bx

Hi, quick question...what is EPO? Sorry if I'm being really silly.
Bx

Evening Primrose Oil. It's usually in capsules. It can help ripen your cervix. It won't INDUCE labor, but it encourages things to get moving once your body is ready.

I've been drinking 3 cups of RLT a day, 1 cup of pregnancy tea, started taking EPO orally Friday and with the go ahead from MW today will start it vaginally tonight, she suggested as much sex (with him making a deposit) as possible and to stay down after sex, and walking. Also going to get a ball this weekend to bounce on.

I have GD and will be induced on or a few days after my due date so will be trying any/everything MW gives me permission to try to get him to come before I have to be induced! C'mon baby boy!

Sleeping! Nothing works to induce labour ...Ive tried most of it with my first and know plan of people who have tried the more extreme methods which still didn't work.

For people who went into labour shortly after trying things, it was more than likely coincidence!

I drank the tea, I bought the capsules and didn't like them. I did notice a more toned uterus though, so I need to do it again. I was able to push my baby out in 2 pushes, one for her head another for her body. I had her at 40 weeks, on her due date. As far as the ball goes, it's an exercise ball- maybe 2 feet in diameter

Nothing... I did EVERYTHING last time and I still went 11 days over so I'm not putting all the extra effort in with this one lol x

Thanks for all of the advice guys! Secretly, I was hoping walking a mile would do the trick! lol

I'm not doing anything to bring on labour just toning & conditioning my body.

I have a 10/15 bounce a day on ball.
And will start rlt & epo at 32 and 36 weeks.

Will also look into clary sage oil too a little further down the line

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"