What are YOU doing to start saving for Xmas?

Savannah11

Love my boys xxx
Reaction score
Hello girls

So what are you doing to start preparing for Xmas 2012? Buying anything? Any saving tips? What are your budgets?

I'm currently collecting gift vouchers for doing surveys to put towards presents x x

I havnt bought anything yet sadly or saved eek.. I do.have £167 in quidco which im saving for xmas though, i normally start shopping around the begining of october i may start a little earlier this year as were in our own home this year and i have to buy a tree,decorations,food ect which knowing me wont be cheap lol.

does anyone know any good places that sell really nice christmas decorations? I liked nexts stuff last year so will give them a try, what about your trees where do you buy your xmas tree?

I'm going to *try* and start buying next month.
Might start with a few lil bits for LO & my friends gifts.. then month after my family.. then month after that OH & rest of LO..

Cx

I have a couple already. ELC had a sale on Happyland stuff so picked up some bargins. Also got a stable and horse....

https://www.toytalk.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Worlds-Apart-Strawberry-Stables.jpg

Which should have been £100, and was reduced to £25.

Unless i see a bargin now, ill stop till September, then ill buy if i see and will save £20 a week.

It gets better. I wanted one for a good week, but they had none in stock near me, my dad is a lorry driver, and i would search for where he was going daily to try pick one up. Nothing.

Then one day, was talking to a lady off here on FB and her friend, who i have never spoken to or met, happened to mention they had two where she lived, and she would be more than happy to reserve and pick one up for me.

And she did! I paid her and she went out of her way to get it and ship it from County Durham to me in Northampton! Such good, nice people out there. Was so thankful...

Erm.....:blush:

I've nearly finished my Xmas shopping :blush:.

We started on boxing day and all I have To by for now is something for my sister and my mum which I'm gonna get on my staff card at work nearer the time :thumbup:.

Biggest tip that's parked for us is buying something each month it soon builds up, the money's more spread out so it doesn't seem as exspensive (but it still is:haha:). Also I've had some great bargains!

I went to an nct baby sale got some great presents for Isabelle still brand new wrapped in the boxes etc for very cheap! Elc sales got Isabelle a happyland cottage set and school half price!

Pricematching! I wanted to get isabelle the princess cosy coupe managed to get for £29.99 when everywhere is like over £50! Through Pricematching with elc!

I write a list to see who and what I'm buying for

X

I'm doing 12 gifts this year the last two years I went over the top and need to control myself. I picked up a toddler bib/where I make it and stitch in cute designs even though she won't use it, it will go to her in her special box. but I plan on getting things each month so it it done and one item for my mother, brothers and boyfriend for christmas. I do need to come up with a budget though. I want to make Christmas about family and dinner and enjoying each other and starting some traditional things.... not sure what. But I'm a working mommy and have a ton of bills and I just don't have the money to go over board anymore lol.

Haven't bought anything yet. Trying to figure out where life's gonna take me, whether we'll be moving or staying put and how much space we'll have, what she'll want. Just setting money aside for now.

i started saving wth park again on boxing day :blush:

Been paying money to buy vouchers, got 250 saved so far, another 150 to go before I reach the 400 ive ordered! Xxx

Oh i don't know. Seriously I have no idea yet how I am going to handle christmas this year seeing I will have baby around 4 weeks old :haha:

I've been buying bits for my daughter and thats it so far.. the cupboard is filling up nicely!! I need to write a list of what I'm going to get people and go from there.. I don't really save as I still live at home so don't need to pay for alot, so I just worry about pressies.

I start saving in January..... £60 a month gets transferred into a savings account and I shop as and when I see things.... Have been buying lots of stuff in the sale.....

I said I would start saving in Jan but have not saved a penny :wacko: always something else to save for like replacing things or birthdays etc :dohh:
but after DS birthday on Sunday we are gonna start having £40 a week hopefully.

I save up my tesco and boots points. In November time they start the xmas event. I dont go crazy that first time as last year they gave me a voucher to come back for the next event and I got double points or something like that.

I have £109 on boots and £60 at tesco right now. Ill wait til tesco has a double up points exchange event and stock up on dvds etc. Im doing personalised hampers this year as LO will be coming in Dec so we cant afford much at all.

I want to do my OH a present so I think I have to start doing that but other than that, I'm not going to start preparing before December.

I have bought my LO a few presents already and am hoping to start saving HARD after hols in sept!

Well I am never spending more than about 100 € so I don't need to start as early as other who spend more.

I've got over 20 people to buy for at Christmas, I have a very big family! So I started really early. Luckily my OH only has his mum and step dad to buy for. I've already bought my niece a big box full of pens, paper, glitter, glue, stickers etc, and my sister pyjamas, jewelry, make up, slippers and underwear.

We all go to my mum and dad's for Christmas and boxing day so every week when we go shopping we're putting £5 on a asda gift card for them. We'll give them it a week before Christmas when they go to get all the alcohol, boxing day buffet food and Christmas dinner to help them out. It'll be a nice surprise as there should be around £80 on it by then and my sister is doing the same, they'll have about £160 so hopefully won't have to put too much more to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->