• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What are you looking forward to most when no longer pregnant?

LoneWanderer

Reaction score
DISCLAIMER *Lighthearted thread obviously - I, like many, had a horrific and long TTC journey and am eternally grateful to be carrying a baby - and would never take it for granted.
BUT ****in' hell it's been hard work haha!*

:rofl:

Lovely squishy baby aside, of course... when you reclaim your body in a few weeks' time and start to mend a little too, what are you most excited for? Here's mine.

I can't wait to have a bath and not need hauling out of it by my OH when done.
I am very excited to be able to turn over in bed without assistance.
I really miss wearing any shoes with laces or straps - and putting on my own socks.
My hair is waaaaay overdue for re-colouring.
TBH, it'll be nice to see my lady bits again after all this time.
I know this one will take a little while - but I want to wear attractive underwear again!
I want my steak done rare, and I want a Red Bull!

There's probably loads more... ;)

How about y'all?

Last edited:
Haha I love this as I'm pregnant with my third. I absolutely cannot wait to eat whatever the heck I want. Nothing but chick-fil-a lemonade agrees with me at the moment, so I'm pretty miserable all day every day. Oh and a proper night's sleep, but who am I kidding, I have almost 3 children so that won't happen anytime soon

I dont change anything I do while being pregnant but I guess the baby and that's it.

Haha I love this as I'm pregnant with my third. I absolutely cannot wait to eat whatever the heck I want. Nothing but chick-fil-a lemonade agrees with me at the moment, so I'm pretty miserable all day every day. Oh and a proper night's sleep, but who am I kidding, I have almost 3 children so that won't happen anytime soon

That does sound miserable, poor you! I've been lucky in that (so far, at least) I've been able to eat what I want - no sickness, heartburn or other issues. And it's been bad enough just avoiding the stuff they say you can't have - couldn't imagine struggling with all the other food too. Man, I do love food... Hope your first meal after is a super-tasty one - but also hope that you start feeling better sooner than that! :o

Oh, also I am looking forward to pooping normally again.
Constipation has been a real bitch. Probably the worst bit for me.

:rofl:

I'll jump in here as someone who gave birth four months ago with a little bit different perspective. I was looking forward to sushi, beer, and walking without a waddle!

I have had sushi once, beer most nights, and it took two months to walk comfortably. But I will tell you that the thing I am MOST excited to do again is yardwork!!

I'm in heaven trimming shrubs and raking leaves. Never would have guessed, but it's my absolute favorite thing to do when baby naps.

I miss being able to have a glass of wine or rie and coke after a stressful week, also hot tubs and warm baths. Though most of all I can't wait to be able to boulder again (rock climb boulders without ropes). I'm so bored of all the easy top rope climbs in my gym...and also heels. I've been wearing flip flops to work in my office every day haha

I miss being able to have a glass of wine or rie and coke after a stressful week, also hot tubs and warm baths. Though most of all I can't wait to be able to boulder again (rock climb boulders without ropes). I'm so bored of all the easy top rope climbs in my gym...and also heels. I've been wearing flip flops to work in my office every day haha

Blimey, you must be bloody strong! My little cousin is a junior bouldering champion for Team GB and my word, it looks like a crazy sport!!! Good on you for keeping going during PG though, will surely help you with the labour if you've stretched the muscles out a bit - and you've got that no pain, no gain mentality haha. I've been swimming on a regular basis all through, and hope it's done me some good.

A whole bottle of pink gin, at this rate, not diluted and with a big twirly straw hahaha

Nice! Me and OH don't drink (five years now, and we've never missed it tbh) but we've both said over this summer how nice a pint of icy fruit cider would have been hahaha!

I want to cry right now icy fruit cider, I could drink that right now at 11 in the morning hahaha I've never craved alcohol until now!

I want to cry right now icy fruit cider, I could drink that right now at 11 in the morning hahaha I've never craved alcohol until now!

Apparently the alcohol-free Kopparberg and Old Moot fruit flavours are pretty decent substitutes, I haven't tried them but a friend recommend the other week...

Apparently the alcohol-free Kopparberg and Old Moot fruit flavours are pretty decent substitutes, I haven't tried them but a friend recommend the other week...

Alcohol free kopperberg is really nice and tastes exactly like the usual, I did have that in the summer and it did go down a treat, but after not drinking for so long now, I forgot how much raging heartburn and gas I get from fizzy cider lol!

Being able to sleep on my tummy. And no more horrendous pelvic pain. No more lightning crotch and no more stupid foot toe and leg cramps that wake me up 7 times a night. No more peeing constantly
I'm so over this rite now. I just cant wait to have him safe in my arms. Just to know he is ok.
Oh also no more itching. I have ICP and the itching is horrendous. Roll on induction. 3 to 3 and half weeks and counting.
Having a few labour coming soon signs so hoping he make makes an appearance b4 induction. [-o<

Aye, definitely won't miss the leg cramps!

Few more from me today:

Walking the dog without fear he'll topple me over
Getting back to my 'eight or more cups of tea a day' habit
Climbing the stairs easily
Getting my rings back on

Omg yes the breathing is awful! Even though this baby is much lower than my previous 2 which sat right under my boobs, this one hangs much lower but still makes me sound like Darth Vader on a daily basis lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->