What are you planning to do to protect your baby?

jlw617

Mom to 2 girls
Reaction score
So all of us in this thread should be having babies in or close to cold/flu season, and I'm wondering what you're planning on doing to keep them safe? This is my 3rd so you think I'd "be over it" lol but I'm still a little crazy I guess haha, most of these, if not all I've already done with my first 2, I plan on breastfeeding which is obviously good for their immune systems, I go to a big church but will probably stay home the first 2 weeks, when I return I will not be putting my baby in the nursery, I'll most likely baby wear but I'm not sure as I do teach a Sunday school class to 5th and 6th grade girls, I'm worried it may be a distraction...

My alternative to baby wearing but not my preference is to put baby in a car seat during class time and then baby wear for the main service...

I've had three babies one in October, one in April and one in January, now you would think my January baby would be the one who caught all the colds, especially as it was awful weather when he was born (and really good weather when my October baby was born, sunny) but nope he never caught a cold till he was over the age of 1!!! He never got Ill! I found it strange he hadnt even and a snotty nose, i think he was actually over the age of one, i didnt do anything differently with any of them. He catches everything going now though lol!

My other 2 were winter babies as well, but I've never been in a church this size and we are very involved in our church and having other ones that now seem to get sick way more often now worries me.

We diffuse essential oils in our homes and I will use them on baby's feet to increase immune system.

I have all dec / nov babies havent done anything special. I BF for week between first 2, but 3rd was born with tongue tie and wouldnt latch. Yet my third so far hasnt had mini cold like my other 2 did comparing upto to age of 5m, only differance being i did delay cord clamping with her.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one worrying about this already! My first was born in Feb, I took 3 mo off from work and put her in daycare the end of May. Even though she was exclusively breast fed for 6 months and continued to be breastfed for one year she still got sick A LOT. Her dr says it's normal when they're in daycare. It breaks my heart but I cant quit my job, It's just not an option and I don't have family close by that can watch her. This time around I will have to go back to work a little sooner so my baby will be around 2.5 months old it will be the beginning of January so like major cold and flu season. I'm freaking out! I honestly don't know what I'm going to do :( If you ladies have any advise let me know.

We diffuse essential oils in our homes and I will use them on baby's feet to increase immune system.

Thanks, this is good to know, what oils do you use? We use some as well but I'd love to hear what you use because I'm still not as educated on them as I'd like to be.

I have all dec / nov babies havent done anything special. I BF for week between first 2, but 3rd was born with tongue tie and wouldnt latch. Yet my third so far hasnt had mini cold like my other 2 did comparing upto to age of 5m, only differance being i did delay cord clamping with her.

I'm soooo glad to hear this as well because we are going to do delayed cord clamping this time around as well, I didn't really know anything about it 5 years ago with my second.

In the uk you can have a flu vaccine at week 28 of pregnancy, it gives the baby some immunity after birth to the flu virus but I can't recall how long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->