What are your favourite things about Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lights on the Christmas tree. I love watching them twinkle and sparkle at night with all the other lights off in the house. I could do that for hours it seems, lol.

Christmas dinner with family.

Watching all my favorite holiday movies.

Shopping in the store with all the decorations up and Christmas music blaring.

Wrapping gifts (I love wrapping!)

Pigs in blankets

Putting up the Xmas tree as a family whilst listening to Christmas music then all enjoying a coffee/hot choc and admiring our hard work.

All Christmas movies.. even the really cheesy made for TV ones!

Getting wrapped up for trips to the Christmas Market. Every year I go once with my dad and sisters (plus Alma) then with hubby and all the kids in the evening when it's dark and the lights are on.

Festive drinks at Starbucks and Costa

Planning and buying pressies that I know people will love and seeing their faces on Xmas day

Xx

*waking up early before anybody and sitting in the living room with the lights on with a bit of peace

*seeing smiles on my children's faces

*the smell of turkey cooking Christmas morning

*pantomime

*family walks wrapped up looking at decorated houses

*family Christmas parties

*christmas TV

*christmas movies

- the anticipation from September onwards of things to plan, look forward to, enjoy.
- colder snuggly weather and Christmas films!
- getting a week away with family over Christmas. I've never had Christmas in my own house. It's the one time of year everyone gets together at my parents and we go to town with drinks parties, posh food, nice chocs, celebrations, lovely food...it's fab.
- shopping, wrapping and scouring for bargains.
- wintery walks in the snow - if we get any!

Seeing the shock/excitement on Alice's face on Christmas morning
Cwtching in the evenings with just the Christmas tree lights on
Colder weather! ♥
Wrapping the gifts!
Fooood!

Singing Christmas carols with the children I teach.

A Christmas party for the children on the last afternoon of term. All the lovely food they bring in! We usually get homemade pakora, samosas, spring rolls, and one mum always sends in her homemade curry for the teachers at lunchtime!

Going to church on Christmas Eve. Singing carols, and listening to that familiar story. The smell of the holly and the tree and the candles lighting the church. Then, when the service is finished, it's dark outside and Christmas is really ready to begin!

Waking up and realising that it's Christmas Morning!

Bacon rolls for breakfast with something festive on the telly.

Eating everything that comes your way. A chocolate orange for breakfast is completely acceptable.

I just bloody love Christmas!

This year? Port, champagne, brie, stilton and pate! :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g