What are your favourite things?

Abigailly

Reaction score
And I don't want any of the compulsory 'My kids and DH' blah blah blah:haha:

Mine are fireworks and extreme weather.

I love fireworks. I could watch them all night. I watched the ones at the Magic Kingdom 8 times while I was away, I cried each time.

And any kind of extreme weather (obviously not house shattering earth quakes etc), but thunder storms (lightening especially), and hurricanes. I get such a thrill out of them!

So what are yours?

Fluffy socks and cosy button up pyjamas when it's a bit chilly. The most satisfying outfit ever!

Oreo milkshakes.

Campfires/bonfires on summer nights when it's getting cold.

'Real life' history museums. Like the ship at the Bristol Maritime Museum and the Victorian one that used to be at Wigan Pier. Best days out ever!

Listening to rain at night when lying in bed. So therapeutic.

Being cosy in my duvet. You cannot beat it.

Hmmm.......

Christmas
Disney World
Fruity Cider

Summer! I love it - everyone is up for the park, beer gardens, day trips, long weekends, camping etc and I always see loads of faces I don't see all winter.. Its a different perspective on life when it's sunny :)

Movies - especially going to the cinema! Love to lose myself in a good film...

Music - live gigs, festivals, discovering new bands I love and even just listening to the radio - it makes me happy.

Edit: I thought it was just 3 things, but that's your other thread (3 facts about you) so I'm adding Christmas, prosecco, food and my friends to the list :lol:

Charlie is top of this list though, obviously ;)

Summer: I like the light nights, the smell of sun (I hope someone knows what I mean?), the smell of BBQ and grass.

Freshly washed bedding: after having a shower, I'm clean pyjamas and snuggling up under the lovely soft and lovely smelling duvet.

Gigs/Music/Festivals: I love the atmosphere, the smell (yeah, the cider/beer/damp carpet smell- love it!), the beep of the scanner, hearing everyone singing.

Cider, Hooch and Peach Schnapps :haha:

Cuddles. With my dog, with my mum, with my little brother, with my best friend- love them.

Trains :shrug:

Summer! I love it - everyone is up for the park, beer gardens, day trips, long weekends, camping etc and I always see loads of faces I don't see all winter.. Its a different perspective on life when it's sunny :)

Music - live gigs, festivals, discovering new bands I love and even just listening to the radio - it makes me happy.

Echoed 2/3 of yours, just not worded as well!

Pyjamas- I love them! I'd live in my pj's 24/7 if I could, I actually consider buying pjs rather than 'day clothes' when I go clothes shopping! They're just so comfy haha.

Music - Any music, it just makes me feel so happy!

Lazy days spent watching tv on the sofa with junk food! I love doing this!

Shoes - I love buying new shoes, there's just something about shoes that I can't resist ha x

Echoed 2/3 of yours, just not worded as well!

I know what you mean by the smell of the sun - I love it! Just a pity I live in Scotland :haha:

Nothing beats taking my bra off as soon as I walk in the door (coupled with putting the PJ's on!)

Also those rare moments I actually come up with something witty to say completely out if the blue and have my hubby in fits!!

Christmas

Winter days/nights Sunday afternoons weather outside rubbish, all the family watching a nice film and a roast dinner on the go.

Lovely autumn walks with the family and dog.

Fresh bedding

Sleeping in freshly cleaned sheets. With everything tucked in nice and tight. I pull the sheets back as little as possible to slide in so they stay tucked.

Nutella.

A soak in the hot tub while the sun goes down (this is a rare pleasure, since I usually have too much to do once LO goes to bed.)

I love candles, just can't beat the light they give out.

I love the smell of freshly cut grass and the smell of rain after hot weather :D

I always get very excited when I know a storm is coming, if I hear thunder and lightening in the middle of the night I've been known to get out of bed and watch

I love going to the zoo, even more than the kids!

I feel at peace when I'm around water, be it the sea or a lake or river.

Summer, just all of it. The drinking outside in the garden until late at night in the sun with your friends, going to festivals, having BBQs, chilling in the sun on days off with the kids, going on long walks with the dog - love summer!

Coming home from a long day at work, getting my PJs on, having cuddles with the kids and then snuggling in bed with netflix, such a simple thing but when I have a long or crap day that's all I look forward to all day.

Going for long drives on my own, music on full blast. Love music it cheers me up instantly so just driving and driving for ages with my music on really clears my head.

Christmas time, not so much for myself but just seeing how excited my kids get, doing lovely things with them in the run up to Christmas and seeing their faces on Christmas morning is just amazing.

Is it weird that it's made me really happy reading everyone's favourites? :rofl:

Walking, I could happily walk all day and often do just walk with the pushchair and Alma for hours.

Summer, sunshine, not having to layer clothes, wearing no socks, bbqs and light nights.

Reading a book with a good cup of coffee

Xx

Walking barefoot on a brand new carpet (and the smell of new carpet too!)

Eating haagen daz strawberry cheesecake ice cream straight out of the tub when nobody else is there to share it. If I don't finish it in one go, I hide it until next time behind the frozen veg where DH will never find it :D

The smell of barbeques and cut grass on a summer's night.

Music of any kind and singing at the top of my voice to it (when I'm alone lol)

Chocolate

My mum

Cheese and Salad Cream white bread sandwich....I could live of them!

Cheesy Emo music.

The smell of rain on hot tarmac
Icy cold white wine
Cheesecake
The feeling of taking really wet grubby clothes off and putting warm pjs on
Shoulder rubs :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads