What are your kids in to & what age

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
What kind of things are your kids in to & of course state their ages? It might help others decide what to buy friends kids etc when you haven't got kids their age.

I personally find it hard!! Never know what to buy my cousins!

So give us some tips Mummys? lol

well babies say up to 1:

musical toys like vtech
teethers
teddies with blankies attached
taggies

boys around 2/3/4

toy cars
jigsaws
clolour-in stuff
diggers/tractors

girls around 2/3/4

dollies
colour-in stuff
pretend pots and pans and plates
barbies

boys around 4/5

tub dinosaurs/farm animals
football
spiderman/power rangers
nintendo ds :roll:

girls around 8/9/10

board games
nintendo ds :roll:
bratz dolls (a little bit more hip than barbie :D )
creative toys like painting a piggy bank, cross stitch, knitting

girls around 13/14

vouchers
music
make-up
perfume
teddies

for older children they will bite your hand off for money/vouchers surprisingly:rofl:

UGH! Kind of hard as they get right into things and then the next year hate them....especially girls.

Boys 4-5: Spiderman, Batman, and other action figures, army men and accessories, cars, toy guns (if you've an open mind), etc. My boy also likes to dress up. Two wheel bikes are a good idea at this age. Learning games such as V-tech.

Girls 4-5: The going thing when my daughter was this age was anything Disney Princess. And Polly pocket, dolls, barbies, Littlest Pet Shop etc. Once again, two wheel bikes are good at this age too. Learning games such as V-tech.

Girls: 6: Nintendo DS, and I've yet to figure out what she is into. I believe Hannah Montana is a biggie this year for this age.

Girls: 11-13: Clothes and anything girlie.

our two girls are 5 & 9 and they love:-

nintendo ds
polly pocket
hannah montana
high school musical
bratz

2-3yr old - loves anything tractor related but the cheap ones get broken Siku tractors are very good and detailed.
Cars that look like proper cars not the baby cars
painting and any thing that makes a mess!!

5yr old girls love anything to do with disney princess, high school musical, hanna montana and all those kinda things. and dressy up clothes always a good thing.

my 9 year old buy is really into the series of unfortunate events books atm, and thinks his digital camera and mobile are the best things since sliced bread. He's also after a laptop for xmas (which big softy here has got him!)

My 6 year old girl loves anything creative, stitching, jewellery making etc and girlie books

My 4 year old boy is going through a big book stage, and loves toy kitchens and garages, and will sit on a play mat with a few dinosaurs for hours!

Apart from that all 3 of them are hugely into games consoles! xbox 360 and nintendo wii in particular. I think the wii is a great invention, the kids are happy coz they're playing on a console, and im happy coz they're not sitting around on the sofa wasting away, but active whilst playing it!

My 3 year old little boy is the hardest to buy for at the moment, he isn't a huge fan of anything specific other than Cars!

6 year old girls at the moment definately seem to be into High School Musical, practically all the girls in DD's class have the same HSM lunchbox, lol!! The boys seem to be liking Ben 10!!

Dec is into the doodlebops, mickeymouse club house, bear in the big blue.
He also likes hammers, he loves to bang on everything and anything he can sit on and push.

My 10 year old is into
xbox
psp
jewellery all sorts rings, earrings and necklaces
Clothes
and most of all MONEY and lots of it.!!! lol

2 yr old daughter loves dolls, in the night garden, teletubbies, peppa pig!!

Thank you for this thread :) Ive been wondering what to get Seth for christmas because I don't know what he'll be doing by then... he seems to be able to do more things every day!

My little brother is 7 and at the moment he is into:
Lego
Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Nitendo DS
Diablo (https://www.qfonic.com/images/products/diabolo/image01.jpg)

xxx

Lewis is 6 and be is absolutely crazy about Ben 10. Coming a close second is Star Wars and he always loves playing the DS.

3-9 months - musical things , teether toys , textured books, rattles ect

3 year old- she is into the wii console so games for the wii , dress up , music , anything to do with hair, basically anything girls and pink :lol:

diablos are a major thing at the moment. Just about every kid at nicoles school has one!!

This is fab thanks for this

I have neices of all ages so will be very helpful

For birthdays this year i got them
13yr old Money
11yr old A DVD and £10
9yr old polly pocket (got told high school musical is for babies ooops!!)
7yr old Make up and nail varnish
5yr Old Baby Born is what she wants will prob get clothes for her
3yr Old Peppa Pig
2yr Old fish tank and Dora
And the youngest will be 1 in Jan so will get something noisy and colourful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads