What are your least fav pregnancy foods?

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
My last pregnancy, I went ALL out with the pregnancy diet. I'm a little less neurotic this go around. But just curious what are the three things you eat/drink to be healthy for your baby that just make your insides twists?

Mine are...
1. Whole Grain Pasta
Thankfully, I only make pasta dishes out of sheer laziness or sickness. But ugh. Gross. Cardboard. I have to smother it in sauce, fill the sauce with meat, and cheese to stomach it.

2. Yogurt
I can do Pinkberry all day, err day but ugh. Regular organic yogurt? Blah. Walnuts help, but you can only eat so many walnuts and granola.

3. Giving up champagne Fridays and sushi
Enough said. When you work with 23 7 year olds all day, at the end of the week you need a drink and some raw fish. But nope. x.x

The ban on Sushi was lifted 2014. Even the CDC endorsed this. Sushi is flash frozen so nothing can survive. I only buy from reputable restaurants while pregnant though.

I don't have any least favorite preggo foods just sad I had to give up or limit some foods I like. I don't eat any grains on Paleo but occasionally will cheat on a croissant or something. In pregnancy however this gets me especially sick with indigestion and constipation and I worry about the effect of gluten and all on the baby.

Limiting sugar is hard. I don't eat much as it is but I notice my blood sugar spikes more easily in pregnancy.
And I don't feel comfortable ingesting much caffeine...miss green and black tea.

Oh I just thought of a food I vowed to eat in pregnancy for the health benefits but it is hard..:lol: - organ meats. I am just not a fan of organs no matter how I try to mask the taste. I might make frozen organ pills instead (liver, heart etc.)

All. Foods. Period.

But I really hate right now is

- salads
-anything green
-red meat *barf*

What I can deal with
- white rice
-spaghetti
-bread
-cheese. (Here comes the good year blimp in a few months time!)

I'm not able to eat many foods at all... I can't even think of 3 foods that I CAN eat :/
Ok.. I can ... ice cream I can keep down!!

Chicken:
I loved baked chicken breast but ever since I got pregnant, the smell of it makes me want to hurl. I can do fried chicken though...figures.

Almonds:
Loved these too until I got pregnant. My mother opened a bag in the car while I was with her the other day and I had to open my window because the smell was so bad.

Those are the only two so far, but sometimes I won't want certain things on certain days. Pregnancy is very weird.

Very interesting about the sushi. Tbh not sure why it was banned in the first place. Just an uncooked thing? Shrugs. Idk I'm sure the CDC did its due diligence I want some long term studies showing it had zero effects so no sushi for me. Just like this new you can have wine here and there... Hard pass.

I had a dream about wine last night lol

Misery loves company, but sorry you ladies are also not feeling food

Burgers. Urgh. Gross!

I do miss having a glass of wine on a Friday or Saturday night. :(

Awww. I have been craving some nasty junk food fast food. I tell SO, and he comes home with Thai or Panera soups. Says he loves me too much to let me give in to the junkie cravings hehe

I have been craving lots of junk food and fast food!!! But it doesn't really matter either I take a few bites of something that sounds good and it gets gross after a few bites or it all comes back up anyway!
But I could eat kfc and McDonald's for every meal!! With a side of ice cream please!!!

Chicken! Even with my 1st, it immediately smelled like a wet labrador retriever when it was cooked, and tasted like I licked the dog when I ate it. That was my tell that I was pregnant this time, I had chicken 1 night at a family dinner and just pushed it to the side... My husbands was like "Hmmm..." Just the idea of it turns my stomach.

Otherwise, beans (which I usually eat a ton of) blehhh...

Love, love, love yogurt now. Somehow my lactose intolerance has been pushed to the side. Pregnancy is so weird!!

I agree with the chicken, I literally threw up reading your post :blush:

Green...oh...greens. I hate veggies usually, but adding them through smoothies.

I miss my red/bloody steaks.

I'll eat all your chicken. It's all in am stomach. I've eaten chicken, rice, and veg for dinner about 10 times over the past week. You can all keep my bloody chocolate!

Lol seriously wet lab chicken ugh

SO brought saltines because ms hit bad last night... I can barely stomach these! Wtf they used to be my cure all

Oh! Dobby I have a new one to add to my list that I can't even look at: WATER ! I hate it! I can't go near it. Instant vomit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->