What are your thoughts on psychics/ mediums

Jamie_lee_c_

Reaction score
I was on a driving lesson today nd my instructor was telling me that he had discovered he was psychic a while back when his wife's father had passed and he had home come through to tell his wife stuff!
Anyway after him telling me a few stories he asked if I believed in it, I told him I was skeptical and he asked told me a few things which I thought... Easy lucky guess, but then told me he could see lots of pink around me and a double barrelled name, and he knows im not looking for boys names because im leaning to wanting a girl, well I'm 12 weeks pregnant and am thinking of the name Tilly-Mae if its a girl....

But is it just nonsense? I can't help but feel a little bit of excitement x

it's nonsense and you know it is but it's a bit of fun if you don't take it seriously. I had a similar experience with a lovely old man i met at a train station. He read my palm...he seemed harmless enough so i let him.

He said i had a technical job (i'm a scientist) and that it would be a boy. He was right. But of course he had a 50:50 chance. He chatted to me a bit before hand so maybe he picked-up that i was a brighter than the average girl ..i don't know. But I like to think of it as a magical moment because he was a lovely, friendly hungarian man who said my boy was v lucky as I was a good person. I hadn't seen him before or seen him since...

Agreed with spacegirl, it's nonesense. In the sense that there are no spirits talking to them and they are not telepathic or anything else supernatural. I do think some people have a special talent in "people reading" though. A bit like I know that Derren Brown can't do actual magic, but I'm still impressed by his skill at pretending to. He also did several shows on how "psychics" work and showed that you can be a convincing psychic without any supernatural powers whatsoever.
Fair enough, it can be "a bit of fun", but I'd not get too involved in it. In the end, your driving instructor, like all "psychics" is just guessing and hanging your heart on his words might lead to a lot of disappointment.

I saw a medium a few weeks ago who was amazingly accurate she even took me around my grandparents old garden which was quite a unique looking garden it stunned and blew me away she also said I was going to conceive or give birth to a child in spring and said she saw dafodils and I found out I was pregnant 3 days ago and ironically the day I found out I was picking daffodils with my 2 year old son sooo weird

I absolutely believe in them. I saw a psychic back in October and she was VERY acurate. I have never met this woman and she knew nothing about me. She told me that as soon as I walked in she felt a male presence around me (my dad passed away 11 years ago) She then proceeded to ask me if I'm around children alot or work with children and if I had a job change recently. I went from working full time at a hotel to a stay at home mom. Then she proceeded to tell me about the difficult pregnancy that I had with my daughter and that she talks to my dad <3
Now the next part REALLY creeped me out, she kept telling me that the nightmares that I kept having (I told no-one of these) was just my own fears. I kept having nightmares that something would happen to my husband and I would be left alone with TWO children (mind you I only had one and was not pregnant yet)
She then proceeded to tell me that I would be getting pregnant around January 1st, and this pregnancy would be alot easier than my first, Also that it would be a BOY. I found out I was pregnant the 2nd or 3rd week into January. I had a sonogram at the cardiologist the other day and the technician was 80% sure that it was a boy even though it is still too early to tell.
The psychic also went on to tell me that my husband would be getting more money in his job or a change in job. My husband applied for this company he works for now back in June 2012. They called him in the beginning of the month and they are giving him $7,000 more a year than his other job.

So yes I believe in them 100%
<3 <3 <3

I find it quite hard to decide do I believe or don't I.

Logically I don't believe it but then occationally I read stories like these and think 'ohh maybe?'.

Just after DH and I got married, one of my mums co workers told her that there would be a baby in the family before the end of the year. He didn't know we had just got married and we certainly weren't thinking about kids yet, so when my mum told me I just laughed it off. However by the end of the year we found out we were expecting LO. :shrug:

Lucky guess perhaps. He also predicted that LO would be a boy, but as PP said it is a 50/50 chance.

I would like to believe in it but I don't think I do, it is fun though.

That's the position I'm in, I'm really skeptical then I hear stories like Lucy's and sugarmommas and I'm like hmmmmm.
Just have to wait another 6 weeks I guess.... Far too impatient! Thanks ladies xx

I'm afraid I don't believe in it at all. I think if someone can read a person well, including reading their reactions when they say a certain thing, they can make a few guesses and go from there. They tend to be very vague so their predictions could apply to almost anyone and people interpret it in the way that it applies to them and think this psychic has done something amazing.

I also think that people tend to remember things that the psychic said that struck a cord and forget all the things they say that didn't seem to apply to them.

All that said and done, unless you get really carried away and spend loads of money on readings/tarot phone lines etc, it's all harmless fun :)

Well I have my own psychic lol she comes to my house once a year the last time she saw my mom she told her she would be a granny again in 10 months low and behold the day after I got my bfp she's told me about money we would come into and tickets that would arrive holidays I would go on that have not been planned I'm a believer !!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->