What Books do you read again and again?

I love that I'm not weird for not wanting a kindle! DH offered to buy me one, but I said there is something cold about it and abnormal.

I'm another one who doesn't want a kindle ... my DH keeps offering to buy me one (I think he's hoping it will reduce the number of books in the house - fat chance! :winkwink::haha: ) but I just can't imagine not holding an actual book :shrug:

I can see that they might be useful ... I like the idea of being able to buy a book online and instantly being able to start reading it, rather than waiting for it to be delivered, and certainly for holidays and situations where reading one handed is needed then they have an advantage, but I love the feel and smell of books - the sheer presence of them :cloud9:

LOL ladies after my own heart! I have thousands of books and I re read them too. I read Life expectancy Dean Koontz every couple of months I love most of his books along with Tess Gerrintson, Jodi Picult, Lisa gardner karin slaughter Anne rice too I will read anything really!:hugs:

Yep - I'll read just about anything too ... printed words on paper and I'm there ... I'm not so keen on romance stuff, but if it's all there is then I'll still read it in preference to not having a book in my hand :blush::haha:

I love Tess Gerritson, Lisa Gardner, Karin Slaughter, Karen Rose, Lee Childs, John Grisham, Martina Cole, Kathy Reichs, Patricia Cornwell, Lindsey Davis, Kate Moreton, Kate Atkinson, Sophie Hannah, Nicci French, Katia Leif, David Baldacci, Joanna Trollope ... OMG - the list is endless! So many books, so little time :rofl:

lol thats my hubby is under on my phone a bit sad really but I did fancy him wildly once :tease:

It drives me mad that my friends dont read:wacko: they think its a waste of time, I suppose I am lucky that my husband is supportive I have bought 8 this week :blush: The good thing is that 2 of my children are showing sighns of being great readers too especialy dd who is 12!

Anyone like the hunger games book?
:hugs:

lol thats my hubby is under on my phone a bit sad really but I did fancy him wildly once :tease:

It drives me mad that my friends dont read:wacko: they think its a waste of time, I suppose I am lucky that my husband is supportive I have bought 8 this week :blush: The good thing is that 2 of my children are showing sighns of being great readers too especialy dd who is 12!

Two of mine have grown up into readers :thumbup: ... did you know that less than 20% of the population reads for pleasure? :wacko:

Two of mine have grown up into readers :thumbup: ... did you know that less than 20% of the population reads for pleasure? :wacko:

that's sad :cry:

wow that is sad :wacko:

I have sat and thought about it I really don't know what else I would do!!!!!!
perhaps that is sad too lol i dont care love it!!!!:happydance:

Wow, really?
I am proud to be part of that 20%, but it is very sad. I hope Jacob will grow up with a love for books.

I agree. Not enough parents read to their children. I remember my mom always reading to us and us begging to hear one more chapter. I have two or three books going at once. My dad used to wonder how I could keep the plots straight :haha:

I end up reading the Harry Potter series once a year it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->