What bottle worked for you?

BubblesBump

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My son is 8 weeks and one day old. I have been only BF since, but have pumped some to start a freezer stash. I go back to school next month, so have tried to give him a bottle the past few days. He is refusing them. I tried a Dr. Browns bottle and a Avent bottle. Last week he did take a bottle once because I had to take a final at school. But he drove my mom nuts crying before he finally took it.

Do you guys have any advice? Is there a certain bottle that worked for you?
My older two dd's each took a bottle easily, but then they refused BF. That is why I had waited this long before giving ds a bottle, but now he won't take one at all. :cry::cry::wacko:

We just started using the medela calma which is advertised as being very similar to breastfeeding and shouldn't interfere with BF. We had previously been using Dr. Browns as recommended by our lactation consultant but we switched when I sensed that he was starting to have a preference for the bottle. LO didn't seem crazy about it at first, they have to work harder to get the milk, but is doing very well with it now. :)

Another vote for the medela calma. We introduced it at about 6 weeks and he takes it well.

Medela calma too. Introduced at 6 weeks as well as I had to go back to tutoring so OH had to feed (expressed milk).We make sure that OH does at least 1 feed a day though, even now as term is over and the students have gone away. My wee one has absolutely no problems switching between boobie and bottle (in fact on occasion when we've run out of defrosted freezer stash (silly Daddy not defrosting enough) I've popped him back on the boob).

He still has a slight preference for boob though, but only when he's nursing to sleep. He has feed to sleep with the bottle though, but it's more rare.

Good luck. Tip - be consistent whatever you decide to do and use.

With Ds1 we used MaM bottles and stayed with the slowest teat while bf'ing and we had no problem switching between breast and bottle. I'm hoping to use those for ds2 as well xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->