What bottles do you prefer?

Angelbaby_01

mommy
Reaction score
Hallo ladies,

I used NUK with DD, but don't think I want to use it again with this baby. I can't decided between MAM and Tommee Tippee. Which do you find work the best?

We've always used tommee tippee and they've worked fine for us so far.

If you do got for TT we bought them from Amazon, 6 x 9 ounce (260 ml) for £8.

I started with the tommee tippee bottles, then switched to the anti colic tommee tippee but still didn't like those so bought Dr. Browns bottles and loved them. Will be using them from the start of we have another.

Dr Browns bottles 100% we tried loads before getting them and would definitely start with these if we have another x

Thanks ladies, but I am choosing between Mam and Tomee Tippee. Friends of ours Dr. Browns and I didn't like it very much. Besides, their baby still got bad cramps. :)

Tommee Tippee were awful for us. Haven't tried MAM so can't comment. We use Dr Brown's.

We started on Avent (on the recommendation of a random lady in Tescos, who saw us looking at bottles and told us to get them :dohh:) but DS didn't like them so we moved on to Tommy Tippee and he used them until he was weaned :thumbup:

NUK and MAM here

Tommee Tippee fan here. My DD is almost exclusively breast fed but when she hit huge growth spurts she takes expressed milk in a bottle after draining my boobs. She has never had gas or nipple confusion.

I am planning on breastfeeding and expressing milk. Would the TT then be best to avoid nipple confusion? I used nuk with DD and never had a trouble in the beginning. She latched well and used the bottle. She was a nicu baby so long story short I had stop bf and went over to ff. I would try to proceed giving breastmilk. Whether it be by breast or bottle.

TT was never a hit for mine and DD2 was breastfed. She hated them. Just goes to show how different they can be. MAM seemed to be the easiest for her to latch onto.

Medela Calma is a good teat to try if baby is struggling with teats. Its a different thing altogether made specifically for breastfeeding babies. We started with that and then eventually had success with MAM.

TT never worked for us, either. My daughter could not seem to latch to the breast no matter what, so I think perhaps that made it difficult for her to eat from the TT's...the nipple would continuously collapse. We then switched to Playtex Airvente and Dr. Brown's, and we liked both of those.

Mmmmmm, yes, I forgot about the collapsed nipple. DD had 1 tt bottle that I got with a breast pump and she used it in hospital. That was one frustration. Also now that I think about it DD's godparents also use tt for their baby and also had that problem.

Dd loved the MaM pacifiers and so I thought this baby might like it as well. What I do like about the MAM is that you can sterilise it in a microwave on it's own say for instance when we visit friends or family so I don't need to take everything along to clean it.

Hello!
We have tried Avent (both regular and natural style nipples), Tommee Tippee, Playtex Ventaire and drop ins styles, Mam anti colic and some other random one-offs...but the ones that she likes and we seem to do the best with as far as less spitup/gas is the Mam bottles....i like the shape, the fact that they have venting at the end like the ventaires, and the nipple shape seems to work really well for our girl...she dribbled terribly with Tommee Tippee bottles, so DH didnt like them at all

I EBF both of my boys to 6 months but introduced tommee tippee bottles from about 5 weeks occasionally and they both took to them just fine with expressed milk and then with formula when we introduced that later on. Never thought to try any others, what is it babies have different preferences for? The teats?

with dd i started with tt moved to avent then to mam and prefered the mam ones

this time with ds i used mam from outset he combi fed perfectly fine with them too x

I really like the Avent bottles but honestly am not picky and neither are my kids. My son spit up so much it didn't matter what bottle or even formula I used. It never even crossed my mind that babies might be picky about bottle nipples. Whoops. I did buy a store-brand bottle that mimics the Avent and I liked it because that meant the nipples were interchangeable and I could save a few bucks on replacement nipples but those collapse all the time. I wouldn't mind picking up a few more Avent bottles.

I was combi feeding in the beginning and DD had no trouble going back and forth. But as I said, I was totally naive about babies being nipple picky.

I did buy some Nuk Orthodontic bottles/nipples. They seem nice.

My lo takes TT without any problem, the only reason I use these is because they were on offer when I was buying - 6 large bottles for £5 in the Asda baby event!

I used NUK for my first and was hanging out to use them again this time but DD hates them:wacko: so I got some MAM which she loves but I hate. I hate all the fiddly bits and assembling. They drive me nuts coming from the simplicity of the NUK.

i tried tt first but bub just didnt get on with them and couldnt seem to drink with out getting air aswell. them went onto dr brown which were great!!! but quite alot of pieces. we finally settles on mam anticolic and loved them!! eventually got the mam normal ones and she had these till she finished bottles. i will def be using mam again!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->