what can I do for nausea?

C

charlie_lael

I just have mild nausea, but it's still annoying. Is there anything I can do to alleviate it?

I drink peppermint tea most days and carry hard candies with me to suck on when I have to be active. I haven't found anything that completely helps yet though. :/

nothing worked for me, I was on 4 different anti sickness tablets tried all the foods and drinks that were meant to help, nothing helped, mine was serve though. now that it has started to get better I brought some travel sickness bands which have helped ease it. might be worth given them a go.

Only thing that works for me is extra strong mints going through loads at mo

I second the peppermints. I've always got a few tucked in my pockets or purse. Also the seasick bands helped me through the worst of it. I was prescribed sickness meds but they didn't help with the nausea, just the vomiting, and made me extremely sluggish (headaches and tiredness). You could also try gargling with salt water.

I used to find eating little and often helped but now find that it doesn't help at all. I've tried sickness bands and they do nothing. Sucking on hard sweets helps a little at times but by early evening it's so bad I just feel awful. I had the same when pregnant with my son, just had to put up with it. Hoping that it eases off around 12/13 weeks

Eat little and often don't let your stomach go empty. Ginger is supposed to help so maybe snack on ginger biscuits, I wear sea bands constantly and suck mints. I see people on here say that crackers and dried biscuits help. If it gets really bad go to your Dr for anti sickness medication xx

I found hardly anything helped me previous pregnancies I tried everything .. I had polos on me at all times which used to take my mind off it I think.. then sickness bands I think they just took my mind off it a bit too.

Iv orderd nausea bands so hopefully dey help lol

Sorry you're feeling pooky. :( Even mild nausea is no fun.

I was so sick that I was unable to even get out of bed from 6w to 8w, and then I started taking high doses of b12 and b6 (the fancy methylated versions). Once I started taking those, I was back to being able to get up and move around a bit (not a whole lot because I also have developed low blood pressure and am prone to fainting) and can eat without too much trouble (I'm just super picky about what I eat now instead of unable to eat). They've been a miracle for me and are 100% safe. I don't know how much they'd do for someone with mild nausea, but maybe they could get rid of yours?

In conjunction with the B vitmains, Zofran doesn't help at all, but Phenergan helps for night time nausea. It doesn't take the nausea away, but it makes me care less the nausea exists. (And that's good enough for me!) Plus it knocks me out and lets me sleep!!!

Oh! And ginger and sea bands make my nausea worse. I cannot stand ginger since getting pregnant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->