What can i do...

AliDubs

Back at it!
Reaction score
For a headache... ::dohh:

I woke up with it at 4.30am and it hasn't let up all day. Feels like an axe going into the side of my head. With my first pregnancy I took acetaminophen but since then have read it's now not recommended during pregnancy...

Anyone have any miracle home remedies?

You mentioned that it's been going on all day long, so the first thing that popped into my head is that it might not be a run-of-the-mill headache, but rather a migraine--do you have light sensitivity too, or is it just the headache?

Either way, I think cold compresses/ice packs can be helpful. My husband suffers chronic migraines, and he gets a lot of relief for the headache component of his migraines from this wrap-around headband that has an icepack in it. The combination of cold and pressure really seems to help. He will also ice his neck and shoulders at the same time, which seems to amplify the relief because it reduces inflammation in the nearby muscles.

I would just take Tylenol that's what I've always done in all my pregnancies. In fact when I was hospitalized with HG the hospital would give it to me to ward off headache induced by vomiting. At some point we need to rely on something it can't be that just because we are pregnant we need to suffer. I also taken antibiotics while pregnant, sometimes u have no choice. If you are really suffering then take 2 regular strength tylenols it's perfectly safe xx

Thanks ladies!

Wantsalittle1 - I don't have light sensitivity but it kills when I get up. I've never had migraines - I will try icing and pressure though, it sounds like something that will give me some relief.

laila44 - I have thought about throwing a couple Tylenol back. Holding off for now but if icing doesn't work I'm doing it. I need some relief

You could try rubbing peppermint oil on your temples 😊

On day 3 of a migraine myself! Seriously struggling. Gonna try the cold and the peppermint, thanks for post OP!

I get migraines and have forever however when I'm pregnant they are awful. They come with a temporary loss of vision (this is usually the warning sign), sometimes I get tingling in my hands/arms and just an absolutely throbbing head that hurts so bad it feels like i'm going to have a stroke. Even with them being that bad I can almost always get rid of them very quickly if I drink pop with caffeine (Mt. Dew preferably) at the very first sign I've got one coming on, I try to drink it fast to get the caffeine in my system and then lay down with a cold pack on my forehead, in a dark room usually for 30-45 min and it will disappear!

My friend also had a doctor suggest to her to drink a pop, which is why I tried it and it has yet to fail me! I feel much better about getting rid of them that way if possible rather than taking medicine for them.

Try a cup of coffee. Otherwise, phone your doc and ask what painkillers are okay. Hope you feel better soon.

Tylenol (acetaminophen) is completely safe in pregnancy, and I've been resorting to 2 extra strength tylenol and a cup of coffee/soda combined so it's basically Excedrin (which sadly is not ok in pregnancy...this truly helps with migraines!!)
Laying down in a dark room and sleeping it off usually works too, but obviously not always an option.

Thanks everyone! Icing my head really helped. After that I fell asleep and when I woke up it was finally gone... Thank goodness!

As for coffee, I am one of those (bad) people who still drinks a couple of cups a day to preserve my sanity so it may have helped me too :)

if you the headaches return, I use 4head all the time and it helps :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"