What can I do?

natural_mamma

Reaction score
OH told me the other day he is dead against having a homebirth, and does not want me to have one at all! :(

I know it's my birth, my body etc. BUT I don't like tension, and I believe that with him being my birth support person, he has to also trust the environment!

Is there anything I can do to help him come around?

Why exactly doesn't he want you to have one? If it's a safety thing home births are no more risky than hospital ones and are usually less problematic because you are relaxed xxx

https://www.homebirth.org.uk/blokes.htm

Get your partner to have a look at this,he'll come around hun and when you do have your homebirth you will both be over the moon x

There have been several women on here who have had trouble getting their ohs to come around to a homebirth. If your midwife is really supportive of a homebirth, you could get him to come to your next appointment to ask all the questions and concerns he has and your midwife could answer them. Otherwise, leave the page mummymagoo mentioned open on the computer for him to come across and read over in his own time. There are plenty of stats on homebirth.org.uk as well that show how homebirth is no more dangerous than being in hospital and in some ways it can be safer.
I do hope he comes to understand how great homebirths are, you still have plenty of time to bring him around.

This will be my 3rd homebirth but I am remarried and my husband had never even heard of this. I had him watch Business of Being Born and had him read Spiritual Midwifery. I take a scholarly appraoch...lol...Everytime I find an article with statistics thats support homebirth (which most are) I show them to him along with watching homebirth videos and I read articles to him all the time. Any doubts he has had are gone now but he was reluctant at first even with me being an old pro at it ;) . I really like the idea of talking to your midwife and have your husband ask questions. Let him know how much it means to you. Know in your heart though that you can have an amazing birth in a birth center also! Good luck!! I hope it all works out for you!

This is another great (and lighthearted) link for dads

https://www.homebirth.org.uk/blokesven.htm

Thanks ladies!

I think his biggest issue has nothing to do with HB at all. He and my sister don't get along....AT ALL.....and my sister has had a few HB's which I have attended, which is how I fell in love with the idea of HB!
So I personally believe his issue is, her, he doesn't want me doing something the same as her! Childish I know, but I deal with this from both him and her on a daily basis!
I just don't know what to do? :(

You have some time yet honey. Rather than fall out about it you could just talk like the decision is made, mention her in the HB context as little as possible and by the time it comes round he will have got used to it being about YOU not your sister. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->