What can I expect from a scan at 7+3?

dinosaur2010

Reaction score
I have a scan next Friday and I've no idea what to expect. I had a bit of brown bleeding a few weeks ago so it's just for reassurance.
I'm a bit concerned it will be measuring a bit behind as I ovulate late in my cycle around day 21.
I know to expect an internal scan but no idea what else!

https://s13.postimg.org/z1fqlby6v/received_10155866401230562.jpg

This was my scan from 7+1 measuring 6+5 :)

I had one at 7+4, abdominal, couldn't really see much just looked like a little blob on screen with a flicker

I know some ladies on here seem to find out the heart rate etc but my sonographer (UK) that it's irrelevant so early as things can change.

I had spotting and some red bleeding all the way to 10 weeks. Just over 13 now and healthy baby so far

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 19
You'll be 7+1 based on LMP? If you ovulate on CD 21 you'll likely be a full week behind, so the baby will prob measure 6+1. That early could be tricky to see hb - so do t get too worried if they don't see it- but I did see my daughters at 6w0. So it's possible. At 6 weeks, it won't look like a baby yet, just an oval... Like a jellybean :). And you should be able to see the yolk sack too. Good luck!

thats my scan at 7 and a half weeks could see heart beat flickering away

Attachments

• 11717205_10150504842449982_1695059415_n.jpg
    11717205_10150504842449982_1695059415_n.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 6
So if the baby is measuring smaller do I start thinking I'm 6 weeks pregnant or just keep basing it on my lmp?
Going by my lmp I will be 7+3 on Friday.
I guess the dating scan gives you the correct dates!!

Based on my LMP I was meant to be 8 plus 2 when they scanned me. Turned out I was 7 plus 2. When they work out date on LMP they assume a 28 day cycle to come up with the date. For me I have a 34 day cycle so being put back a week was fine scan wise. If you know your cycles long try find an online due date calculator that let's you input cycle length and that should give you an accurate date x

I had a 30/31 day cycle but a short luteal phase due to breastfeeding so ovulated around day 20/21 I'll prepare myself for earlier dates then.

Just put that in a due date calculator with luteal phase and it says fetal size 5+5 so I'll expect nearer 6 weeks at the scan

I had a 30/31 day cycle but a short luteal phase due to breastfeeding so ovulated around day 20/21 I'll prepare myself for earlier dates then.
Omg!!! Thanks so much for mentioning luteal phase!,I too am still breastfeeding my 17 month old son.my scan seemed out by a few days yesterday and I never thought about this,but maybe that could account for things?,I was only 6 plus 2,and don't know when I ovulated,but got bfp on day 29,cycle usually 28-30,only had cycle back for 3 months.thanks again so much😊

So if the baby is measuring smaller do I start thinking I'm 6 weeks pregnant or just keep basing it on my lmp?

At my early scan (pictured above 7+4) I was only measuring 7 weeks (4 days behind)

At my 9+4 scan I measured 10 weeks, and at my last dating scan 12+2, I was measuring 3 days ahead at 12+5 so they've changed my due date to reflect that rather than on LMP.

So I guess the early scans aren't the most accurate! That's reassuring thanks

No, I don't think so. For me as I had a miscarriage previously I was relieved to see that baby was there

But my dr said the size can vary a week either side at that stage. She also said the heartbeat rate so early is totally irrelevant as well as so much can change in the early weeks

Your ultrasound will give you a more accurate date and I would stick with that one. I also ovulate late and as I expected my scan dated the pregnancy a week off from what my LMP would have calculated it to be.

Thought I'd update- just had my scan and only had the tummy scan not internal as she got everything she needed from the tummy one. Measuring 6+4 which I was expecting and heard the heart beat!! Happy happy happy!!

Remember this!! It is very easy to get the size of the baby wrong at such an early stage since they are soooooo tiny!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->