What can I take?

Sazzoire

Reaction score
I woke up yesterday with a nasty head cold. I spent all day on the sofa and most of today in bed. Am hoping that it isn't swine flu :nope:

What can I take? I have had lots of Paracetamol, but it isn't doing much. Can I take anything else?

:shrug:

xx

You will have to see doctor or maybe ring NHS direct? I think you can take Ibuprofen in the 2nd tri, but please dont take anything without asking doctor :) I dont even dare take more than one paracetamol! x

If you have even the slightest concern you may have swine flu phone NHS direct - now! I think the big thing is flu and sore throat combined - with a bad temperature, but be safe!
I have a stinking cold and sore throat but definitely not flu, had it once, don't want it again, thought I was going to die. All you can take is paracetamol and use Karvol. Have lots of hot baths and drink lots or orange juice.
:hugs:

I know a lot of over the counter cold medications are safe: go to your local pharmacy and speak directly to a pharmacist, they'll be able to advise you!

Thanks everyone. I don't think it's swine flu as I don't have a fever or any other symptoms except runny then blocked up nose.... I am drinking plenty of fluids and staying inside on the couch..
xx

Oh poor you, I don't have any advice - just wanted to say I hope you're feeling better soon xx

Head over a bowl of steming hot water for 10 mins can help if stuffed up. Can also add couple of drops of Karvol too.

Other than paracetomol there isn't much else you can take.

I would be wary of ibuprofen. I've been to docs today due to bad pain from spd & been prescribed co-codamol 'cos he said it was safer than taking NSAID's (eg ibubrofen).

I feel the same as you.. really weak and feverish ive made myself some homemade soup with fresh veggies and been drinking orange juice & hot honey & lemon.

Eat lots of satsumas and dont stop eating whatever u do or that will make u feel worse.

I've also been taking paracetamol if I get a headache..

Just felt like crying earlier i felt so pathetic..

Try and take in as many vit's and minerals as you can and plenty of rest xx Hope you feel better soon hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->