What can I try next?

puppycat

Mum & PAL
Reaction score
Hi ladies :wave:

DH and I have been TTC#2 since November 2010. We have had 2 losses and no luck :( - you know how it is.

This month I tried raising my bum after BD, we BD'd a lot before and during when I should ov, I didn't OPK and we went on a weekend away during ov so we could just chill and not concentrate on TTC.

I'm usually a POAS freak :haha: but have been quite chilled actually, I admit to doing a superdrug about 2/3 days ago and a digi both BFN, I'm due AF probably Tuesday based on a 28day average cycle but has been 27 or 30 previously. (I have no tests in the house so no temptation!)

The point is I need to try something different obviously, does anyone have any tips? I've heard a lot about soy/EPO etc but don't know much about it. Any help would be appreciated, or even just hugs, hugs are good :)

I'm sorry you're feeling frustrated. I have had two MC and now I'm on my third cycle since the second MC and I'm wondering why nothing's working. So I understand where you're coming from.

I've tried the following: Pre-seed, OPKs and Super B-Complex -- this was my first real cycle TTC after a few months of NTNP after MC#1. This month produced MC#2, at around the same time, so I started researching and came up with the idea that maybe something was wrong with my hormones. I went in to a FS, who did lots of tests on me, HSG was clear, and she prescribed Clomid. With the Clomid, I also took guaifenesin to help with hostile CM, just as a precaution. I decided to add daily baby aspirin at this point too. I was also prescribed Progesterone to take during the LP to hopefully prevent another early MC. Well, during the first cycle on 50mg Clomid, the FS decided it wasn't really helping so she increased the dose to 100mg. During the 2nd cycle, she noticed that my CM was very hostile (despite taking the max dosage of guaifenesin for a week leaking up to ovulation + the day of ovulation). So I went in for my 1st IUI. This cycle (3rd with the FS), I was traveling so I didn't take Clomid or have any plans for assistance. I'm feeling kinda fed up with Clomid anyway, as it actually made it harder for me to conceive. I decided on my own to add Soy Iso (in place of the Clomid) and EPO (because I don't trust my CM to provide a good environment for the sperm). So I have been taking a lot of pills lately, to try to help me get pregnant. I may be 1DPO, but I have to wait and see what happens with my temps.

So, after that long explanation, I can only say that I hope you find what works for you. I feel like I'm doing a lot to try to get pregnant, and I'm blaming the last two cycles on Clomid, so I have high hopes for this cycle. But I feel that way every time. I think as long as I have a new plan to try each time I don't give up hope. Good luck!

Thanks for the detailed reply hun, over here they won't help you with fertility until you've been trying a year or have 3+ losses :( - I hope you have some luck soon :dust:

I rarely ever got good ewcm. But my BFP cycle I drank a litre a day (3 days leading up to ov) of pink grapefruit juice and 4-5 tblsp a day of robitussin and load and loads of water. I had the best ewcm ever.

I took Vitex up until ov, and took Maca daily. DH was on zinc, mens multivitamin, maca, horny goats weed. Also used soft cups.

I had soy sitting here for a while, but was too scared to try it. I already know I ov, and didnt want to mess with it. It can help if you ov too early, or too late in your cycle. But I dont know if i'd take vitex with soy.

hey hun! im trying instead softcups after sex just to keep everything where it needs to be lol! other than that im using opks and just taking vitamins!
best of luck hope we all get some good luck soon xxxxx

Ok take it for what it is worth, but a lot of people are eating pinapple CORE, not the pinapple meat, I guess you would call it, from 1DPO- 5 DPO and getting BFP's no harm I guess, they just buy 1 pinapple and just the core into 5 pieces 1 for each day, some people make a smoothie out of it, because they can tolerate the texture, but what the heck, it can't hurt, unless ou are allergic to pinapple of course.

I don't know all the specifics but google pinapple core when conceiving and I am sure you will find something.

I think I read something once about vitamin C helping with implantation. i guess this is where the pinapple core comes in to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->