What can i use polenta for?

R

redona

i saw it, bought it and dont have a clue what im meant to do with it, help

Hi, you don't have to use it for anything per say - it's normally a side dish, eg instead of potatos or something.

It's a traditional dish from southern Switzerland where my husband is from. We normally have it to accompany braised beef, roast chicken, rabbit or pork. It's good with any meat cooked in a sauce! Then add some greens like broccoli.

Just make it up as instructed on the packet (if there's a fast option or a slow option take the slow, it will taste better) and either have it as it is or you could add some onions which have been cooked in butter, or mushrooms that have been cooked in butter. Truffle oil is also sometimes added (but I'm thinking that's probably expensive in the UK!).

Good luck, let me know if I can help anymore!

Yup you can cook it like Faerie said or also you can use it for when you make roast potatoes...
If you par-boil the potatoes then toss them in polenta before you put them in hot oil and roast them it makes them go really crunchy :thumbup: xxx

Yup you can cook it like Faerie said or also you can use it for when you make roast potatoes...
If you par-boil the potatoes then toss them in polenta before you put them in hot oil and roast them it makes them go really crunchy :thumbup: xxx

Mmm sounds yummy!!

My niece loves polenta, she's two, think it makes a good kids food.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->