What can u take for a sore throat?

ButterCup17

Reaction score
I'm 8 weeks and woke up with a terrible sore throat, like razor blades! I've calledy oncall Dr twice and she still hasn't returned my call... does anyone know what is safe to take?

Omg I'm so pissed right now!!! I just called for the third time!! (It's 1, I've been calling since 8am) the bitch Dr called back and was so rude! She was like "I've been busy delivering babies all day how can I help you" eww!! For one, how is that my fault? 2, that doesn't make my throat hurt any less and 3 that's ur job! Then she was like "you can take whatever u want..." really?!! Am I allowed to take nyquill?! Ugh!! My Dr will be getting an ear fuk at my next apt!

Oh no :(.sore throats are horrible! Mines sore too and I'm holding off taking anything for a bit but I'm sure paracetamol are ok but I would triple check xxxxx

You can try gargling with warm salt water. Hopefully that will help provide a little relief. Sorry your doc was so rude. But, if it's strep you'll want to get in for some meds to treat it, not just the symptoms. Hope you feel better!

honey and ginger juice should give you some relief. She was total a** saying take anything you want. They think we are moaning for nothing.

Right! She was totally out of line!
Thanks for the advice ladies!

WOW! I would be switching doctors. I can attempt to help you my OB office gives a list of safe medications hun I will take a snap shot and put it on this post for ya I am not sure what all treats sore throats from the list im not a big medication user when sick so I have a lack of knowledge I have had a sore throat for 2 months and have flares of worse or better it sucks.

Here is the link to image shack because apparently in my process I can't figure out how to load the damn thing lol!

https://imageshack.com/i/p7fC8oLUj

My doctors office gave me a sheet that says what's safe for common ailments ... Under sore throat it says gargling with salt water or "any cough drop"

Wow! How rude!

You can take Tylenol and do a salt water rinse.

Thank you so much for the photos of your list usaf!! I had one they gave me withy last pregnancy but Idk where I put it since then
Luckily it's not my real Dr that I talked to, it was an oncall Dr. Or I totally would be switching!!
I've had cough drops, warm tea, and tylonal which have all helped a little. I know I should do a salt gargle but I hate doing that so am putting it off lol I'll be calling my real Dr on Monday for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->