What can't I do if I've had bleeding?

ricschick

Proud mummy of 6!
Reaction score
Just wondering as I've had bleeding and I'm still spotting if there are things I shouldn't do?
I've had one scan which showed a healthy sac going again Tuesday to check all us still ok.

My dr tells me if I'm spotting not to have sex for 24 hours after it's completely stopped... Also, just take it easy (I know, we have kids, so that's not gonna happen.... but take it as easy as possible). If I've had bleeding, we do full pelvic rest. No intentional orgasms (I'd have them in my sleep, though... can't help that!), nothing in the vagina... and take stool softeners if you have to strain at all to poop. My doctor recommends this for a week until all spotting is gone if it started off as a bleed, so as to not irritate it all over again.

:hugs: I hope you're doing better.

Edited to add: Also probably no heavy lifting (yeah, that's rough when you have a toddler... I tried to lift my kids while sitting down) and no exercise until it's all cleared up for a week.

Thank you that all makes a lot of sense can I go swimming do you think? X

That, I know, depends on why you're bleeding. If there's no infection and your cervix is closed, you're safe to swim as long as you don't over exert yourself.

For another perspective, there's really nothing you can or can't do that will keep you from spotting if that's what your body is doing during the first trimester (subsequent trimesters are different, I think). Spotting is usually implantation bleeding that has been stuck up there and got removed due to some sort of activity or it's the result of a sensitive cervix that bleeds when hit or when there's pressure put on it. Neither of those things will harm baby in the slightest so there's really no reason to stop doing something just because you're spotting. The only reason would be if it will make you feel more stressed or upset then by all means stop doing those things. Because in reality if you're bleeding and it's a miscarriage no lack of activity will make it stop and if you're bleeding as a side effect of implantation bleeding or a sensitive cervix then no activity will make you miscarry.

Hope that helps and good luck! I spotted during the first trimester for both my previous pregnancies and have two healthy daughters to show for them.

I also had spotting with all of my pregnancies, and everything went perfectly... I had a whole 5 days of bleeding in the beginning of this pregnancy - I didn't know I was pregnant and thought it was my period - then spotting off and on till 12 weeks along. I don't do pelvic rest, except for the 24 hours after spotting stops, except for the heavy lifting because I had a bunch of kids under 5. But I figured I'd tell ya what my dr ordered for me. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->