What cm to expect during BFing? Am I ovulating?

littlejenx

Reaction score
I'm regularly breastfeeding my 1 year old 2-4 during the day and 4-5 at night plus he sleeps with me so Iv not had my period return yet but I seem to quite regularly have the slippy clear cm and I really want to know if iv ovulating. Just wondering what cm is normally while breastfeeding with no period?

My CM was all over the map when I was breastfeeding before AF came back. Fertile here, dry there, EWCM all the time. It was not a good indicator of fertility for me. Even for the first few long cycles it was crazy, but when my cycles got more regular it was much more reliable.

I had EWCM a few weeks ago and still no AF. I am 100% for sure not pregnant so I am guessing that must mean it can be normal during breastfeeding?

It could just be your body trying to ovulate and not quite getting there yet. Your period might surprise you soon. :)

Mine came back at 7 months even though we were feeding loads day and night. So count yourself lucky so far!!!

Did baby act differently at the breast when your period returned? Had you suspected ovulation before period turned up? X

Not that I can recall, the first cycle (before my first AF) I didn't experience anything different. Subsequent cycles, after ovulation there was a drop in my pumping output, but DS did not seem affected.

She was a bit fussier and fed a little more before my period each month. Also the nipple pain when I ovulated was unreal. Made me want to quit for a week each month.

Have had the impant inserted now so I don't ovulate which is the best decision I've made for our BF relationship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->